“Fun place to eat”

Troll Pub Under the Bridge
Reserve with OpenTable
Troll Pub Under the Bridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,817 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Street
Transit: We are part of the Downtown Trolley stops, and the Friday night Trolley Hop.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I went here on the 4th of July. We were staying at a hotel nearby and were looking for a place to eat. A lot of the smaller restaurants were closed because of the holiday and the time of day. We chose to walk here and are glad we did. The atmosphere was fun. The building had some really neat architectural details that I loved. When we were walking down the stairs from the street to get in, I said it felt like the place in Cheers. The food was very good and not too pricey. I am sure my teens would have enjoyed it, but they didn't want to walk in the rain. We did not get any drinks, so I can't comment on the "pub" portion, but it a nice place to eat that didn't make me feel out of place for not drinking. I would definitely go here again the next time I am in Louisville.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I ...along with our 6 children went to this great, fun atmosphere great food pub. We loved it! We went because we had a coupon from our Kentucky Tourism book and it was within walking distance from all the museums. This was hands down the best restaurant we visited in the Louisville/Elizabethtown area. Our server was friendly and honest and said she wanted us to have the best experience, my husband wanted a really great steak and she was honest and said the steak is good but the chops are better....he went with the chops - thick cut served with spinach and decent mash potatoes - he loved it. He also enjoyed 3 Kentucky Bourbon Ales (beer with bourbon- served in a smaller glass). I had the Kentucky Brown (open face turkey on sour dough with white type cheese sauce) - delicious along with a native beer which was good...but i liked my husbands drink more! Kids ages 8 to 17 had the burgers and chicken strips and finished their plates. O- we also enjoyed the loaded kettle chip appetizer - different..it was good and a very large portion.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Seemed like a great place. We had the beer cheese and a few drinks. 1Troll bloody mary-2- Troll teas-and a beer. The drinks were not good at all. The teas-were the long island type, way too much sweet-sour, and no ice. I asked for a straight coke to mix with it. At $8 had to try and drink...half of it anyway. The Mary was not much better. Beer-hard to screw it up.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I suggest the KY Bourbon Ale. Be sure to ask for the server to show you her troll; it is a great show. I highly recommend this pub for day or night. they have great court yard for outdoor lovers. Very nice place with good staff.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a fun place to find. We ate in the outdoor courtyard betweenthe buildings, felt like somewhere in Europe. The food is OK, not spectacular. The staff was quite goodeven though it was an event night next door at the YUM center. We had a good time, made the event on time and enjoyed the visit. If you are a Hot Brown fan, this is not the place, theirs is below par. The rest of the sandwhiches and burgers our group of 8 had were all good. The pretzel bread and beer cheese dip was a nice find.