“BED BUGS!”

Econo Lodge Airport
Ranked #90 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Both beds in the room had bed bugs! Manager was very rude and starting yelling at me when I complained. We booked the room for 2 nights and discovered the bugs the next morning. He Refused to refund 2nd nights stay. Called choicehotels.com to file a complaint. Horrible experience.

Stayed: February 2014
6  Thank Proctor3
econoky120, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Proctor3
I want to apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. Our number one concern is the safety and comfort of our guests. I want to assure you that we take all complaints, especially regarding bedbugs, very seriously and immediately had your room professionally inspected by Mr. Pest Control company of Louisville, KY. I am happy to report that there were no bedbugs found in the room you stayed and would be happy to share this report with you. Please accept my apologies, we want to ensure all our guests are happy and have an exceptional stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel so that we may try to come to a mutually acceptable resolution.

Jay Patel
Econo Lodge, Louisville, KY

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was our first time staying at any econo lodge. This place is very convieniently located and the people who work there are very friendly. The male who was at desk helped us with changing our room as first room was far from front door and we had lot of stuff. He also helped us with nearby attractions. Breakfast room is little small but nice breakfast.

Room Tip: The male at desk is very helping and friendly so ask for him if yo have any problems.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bhavesh C
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed one night here. The person on the reception was very friendly. The rooms are old but ours was clean. The breakfast was not too bad and as I mentioned for this price the overall stay was fair! I have stayed in better places before, however what do you expect for this price?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Uli S
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband an I got cought in a thunderstorm so we pulled off the hwy. And rented a room @ Econo Lodge $65 went up to room 212 pulled back the sheets , for one they were dirty had hair all over them some sort of stain also . BED BUGS crawling on the pillows . After taking pictures folded them up in a piece of paper and took them to front desk . The desk clerk was rude she never once apologized for our inconvenience we asked for a refund and she said she's not a manager she couldn't refund anything . She gave us no information on how to contact the "manager" offered us no help in solving this matter whatsoever she said she is not telling us anything because we have smartphones and thought we were recording her , all she would say or could say was she is not responsible . It was a nightmare and we would just like to warn unsuspecting travelers not to stay at Econo Lodge on Preston Hwy. Louisville Kentucky. Very disgusting place and staff. SMH!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
8  Thank smithgirl1124
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The lady that checked us in was rude! She wouldnt honor the price that was listed online and actually charged us $10 more. That was ok as we were driving north to see family so we didnt really have time to waste over $10. The wifi was spotty. Breakfast was decent for the price. I guess Id rate it better if the lady was nicer. Room was fairly clean though.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed in this Econolodge after finding most hotels in the area were booked. Upon check-in, we were charged $99 a night for a room with 2 double beds. When looking at the website, we saw that the room rate was actually $64.99 a night! When we asked the front desk about this huge difference in price we given the run-around. Basically used every excuse for the charges. When asking for a detailed receipt they couldn't provide it. They did nothing to refund the money we were overcharged. I would NOT recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I just stayed @ this hotel. I checked in after driving a long way and didnt carry in anything didnt check anything was to tired. There were 4 of us in the room and my friend jump up and said a bug was on her pilliow so we put it in a cup (alive) and took it to the desk. We took pictures of it and looked on like it was a full grown bed bug. The woman at the desk was SO RUDE it was unbelievable. She didnt give us our money back or say she was sorry NOTHING. She sent "housekeeping" up to check for others and couldnt find any she said... So I ask so what I just brought u this one still alive (crawling in cup) and she didnt care. Thank goodness we didnt take anything in so we stripped our clothes in car and left them in parking lot.... DO NOT STAY BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family