“never again”

Econo Lodge Airport
Ranked #89 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked via choicehotels.com because it was a decent rate. When we arrived, we found out there was no elevator! I had a handicapped guest with me. No where on the site did it say "no elevator available". There was a "jacuzzi" room available on the lower level but the clerk would not move me to that room for the same rate I booked. It was going to be double the amount because of the jacuzzi!

I couldn't get a refund even though the accommodations did not work for us. That made me mad too. A military individual was looking for a room that night as well. I was going to sell her my room but the clerk wouldn't change the reservation. She also quoted the military rate higher than the internet rate I booked at. The sweet military person helped us upstairs and then booked herself a room at a different hotel.

We stayed one night since we were trapped. We moved to Red Roof Inn on Preston and had a great experience there. Will never stay at Econo Lodge again. Not only were they unhelpful to me, they were unhelpful to our military personnel. That's unacceptable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank tndeefan

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed two night. Room was clean, well maintained, and hotel was the same. Staff was helpful. Breakfast was adequate. Would stay there again and recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank r t
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This is a clean facility that is well maintained. The staff are friendly. Everything in the room was working and in good condition. I wanted to be very near the fair/expo area and this location was ideal.

However, if you want to do more than check email, you will find the internet service unacceptable. Long wait times were the norm for websites with a normal level of graphics. Forget social networking or streaming. This is not up to par with other motels.

The continental breakfast was minimal but not a factor since the price was reasonable.

Room Tip: The internet is free, but you couldn't really call it "high speed."
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Jay P, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I appreciate this feedback ,I have shared your excellent comments to the housekeeping/ Maintence as well as the front desk staff and they were thrilled to hear how please you were with the Econo Lodge Airpot

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. They picked us up at the International dealer and took us back as well. The hotel is very clean and there is no odor. The room was a comfortable size with a 32" LCD tv which had a full cable package. The internet was really good as well. The bed was comfortable with nice bedding and pillows to die for. The room was very clean and well lit. The heater/air conditioner worked well and the curtains were just the right length to not interfere with the direction of air flow....as is so common in hotels with a much higher star rating. The room had all the amenities you could want with coffee being available in the lobby. We did not utilize the breakfast so I can not comment on that. The parking is a bit tight and is not set up for RV's or semi's. I would suggest backing into your parking spot and you should have no trouble at all. If you are looking for a good nights sleep for a reasonable price and do not require frills and luxury, this is the place for you. I would most certainly stay there again .

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor and had no problems at all. There is no elevator so handicapped people sh...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Room was clean. Front desk cleck very nice and helpful. Room was adequate. Very good value.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Food_man56
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Convenient location to everything in Louisville, nice staff, clean rooms. Not much of a breakfast bar if you are in to that.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jedivader
Reviewed November 27, 2009

The price for the location can't be beat. Staff is friendly and very helpful. When we forgot an IPod in our room after check out, they had it for us. Plus, they were fair and helpful when I had to cancel two nights at the last minute.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business