“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Louisville Airport

Courtyard Louisville Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   819 Phillips Ln, Louisville, KY 40209-1329 (South Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #45 of 94 Hotels in Louisville
Parshall, North Dakota
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had a great stay. Shuttle service took us to where we wanted to go nearby. Meals at the bistro were delicious. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Only downside was not many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback! I will be sure to share with our entire team. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back on a return trip to the Derby City!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

A very clean hotel. Staff was very courteous and always smiling. I did not use any of the amenities because I wanted to see the city and environs but they were there if I really needed them. Very convenient to the Standiford Airport and plus there's an in house shuttle if needed. I did not know that when I booked my reservation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us and for taking a moment to share your feedback. We do our best to provide everything a guest could need for their stay in a convenient setting and at a good value. I will certainly look for additional ways to ensure guests know about our shuttle service. Happy holidays and we hope to see you back on a return trip!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Very excited to visit the Louisville area and was super excited about staying at the Courtyard. When my family & I checked in, our keys wouldn't work. I went to the front desk to get the keys reactivated while my husband stayed with our luggage at our room door. But when I got back, my husband said he heard the tv on in the room. We knocked on the door but no one responded. We unlocked the door and we immediately saw someone's personal belongings scattered throughout the room. We quickly closed the door and returned to the front desk, again.
We explained what had happened to the attendant. She profusely apologized for the mistake and explained what had happened. She even offered us free breakfast for the next morning. I was satisfied overall with our stay but seeing how easily we were able to access someone else's room, was a little eye-opening. , I'd have a hard time recommending staying there to a friend. :-(

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Angel B
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us! I am so sorry to hear about the rocky start to your experience. On behalf of our entire team, please accept our apologies for this mistake. I am glad that the remainder of your stay went well and I hope that you would allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Kokomo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel for a large church event we were attending in Louisville. I made a reservation for five rooms. I was later able to make reservations at another Courtyard that was closer to the event so I called this hotel to cancel my reservations. When I called I told the front desk that I needed to cancel all five of my reservations. A month later I had five charges on our Church credit card statement. I then called the hotel and was informed that they showed my reservation cancelled so they would have never charged my card. Several phone calls and conversation later I was told this by the hotel every time. I even left messages for the Manager but never got a returned call. I then filed fraudulent charges through my bank. The hotel came back and stated they actually had charged my card but it was due to a no-show reservation. They had cancelled only the room under my name but not the remaining four rooms. The 5th charge was done for an unknown party on a different day that was not even associated with us. So again I called the hotel and spoke to the General Manager himself. I was informed that this was my problem because I did not give the names of the other parties staying in the rooms. I informed him I just assumed that since I made the reservation that they were all under my name and the clerk never asked for the other names or offered me a confirmation number. He was persistent that the additional room had to have been someone who attends our church even though I repeatedly informed him it was not. I had told the lady I spoke to, I had FIVE reservations to cancel!! He told me that he had a small hotel and he could not afford to give me that much money back (you’re a Marriott) and that it was my fault for not understanding the ins and outs of how a hotel works. He offered to meet me half way on the charges. I again called the customer service department unsatisfied with this response. I asked several times to speak with someone above or other than the General Manager and was told there was no one else above him that could help me. I was informed that the Customer Service could not force this hotel to give me back my money and the only thing he could do was take it to the same manager I had already spoke to and see if he would be willing to refund the entire amount. Of course this request was again denied as I was told it was this was not the hotels fault they only cancelled 1 of my 5 reservations!!! After numerous phone calls and emails, I have been bounced back and forth through 3 hotels, Customer Service Reps, a General Manager who all have been less than helpful and condescending with this situation. This issue is not resolved and I will not stop my efforts until I have been given a full refund of the money owed to me, considering my card was charged over $740.00 and I never even stayed there and cancelled over a week in advance!!! This is unacceptable for a Hotel of your status.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jenifer H
Bolingbrook, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The staff here was great! Very close to the airport, the free shuttle was great and they came in about 2 minutes to get me. My room was quiet although the view out the window was kind of dull, my room was on the back side of the hotel.
Again, a pleasant place to stay while on a business trip, the room was clean and it was quiet and good for sleeping. Will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott, and for sharing your thoughts. We strive to be the most convenient, functional and comfortable place for a business traveler to stay. We are glad you enjoyed and hope to see you back again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel has complimentary shuttle from/to the airport and university of Louisville, which is very convenient. The check in staff is very friendly (I forgot his name). The room is quiet and large enough for me.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back on your next trip.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

From the front desk agents to the sales personnel to the café staff to the housekeeping staff, we do not have one bad thing to say about any of the employees at this property. They couldn't have been more helpful or kind. Everyone was super friendly. The bed was really comfortable and the room was clean. Sure they could use an update in décor, but we don't stay in hotels for their décor. Cleanliness is key and this hotel was very clean. We would definitely recommend this property for any function or just for a getaway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We were very happy to host your family and we hope to see you back again in the future!