Courtyard Louisville Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Louisville)
View Hotel
All reviewslouisville airportchurchill downsfront deskcourtyard marriottshuttle servicehorse showroom was cleanbuffet breakfastindoor poolfree shuttleeasy accesstrade showan updateexpo centerbooked this hotelnice place to stayhousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2012

After spending almost 1/4 of last year living in Marriott Hotels across the US, I finally achieved Platnium status on my Marriott Rewards card. This was to be my first experience as a Platnium member.

I arrived at the hotel and had to wait for 3 other people in front of me.. Ok.. they were busy, no problem

The desk clerk welcomed me and I identified myself with my Rewards Card and information. She didn't say anything about the rewards club and just assigned me a room. I asked if there were any upgrades available and she immeadiately said no. (Although the hotel was barely filled).
She did present me with my rewards member gift... a cheap bottle of water. That's it... After all my persistance in staying in the Marriot brand hotels. (Even after all my peers said that there were better hotels) My big and only reward was a cheap --not even a decent bottle of water.? What a slap in the face. I got so much better recognition for being a lower member at Holiday Inn Hotels.
To top it off, the room was only fair. The internet was slow, the bath room was a closet. No refridge or Microwave, No free meals, the meals I did eat here were outragiously expensive, and the one thing I can't understand is why anyone would design a pool with a huge window to the lobby. Who wants to swim with all these people gawking at you?
I am extremely disappointed in Marriott and I may not stay in this brand again.

Room Tip: You usually get what you get. If you try to get a better room they would probably lie and tell you it's booked.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Russ H
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Arrived totally lost to SDF. The staff proactively sent a shuttle for me. Free fast internet, both wired and wireless. the hotel room was immaculate and well thought out design. I think it's a waste when the showers don't clearly indicate which way is hot. The faucet was clearly labeled. Staff was cheerful and ordering breakfast was free, hot and much better than the standard continental normally offered. Fruit was fresh. Exercise room clean, latest equipment and open 24.7 Staff was exceptionally, proactive, helpful and cheerful. All of them took the time to go the extra mile to accommodate my stay. I enjoyed my stay here much better than two of some well know Vegas resorts I stayed at last week

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
uofl91, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is our goal to exceed our guests' expectations, and we are so pleased that we were able to add to your experience in Louisville. I feel very fortunate to have a staff that is so dedicated to serving our guests and have celebrated your recognition with them. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Tommy Smith

Reviewed January 12, 2012

This Marriott has been renovated and has a very modern style in the common areas around the main lobby. Though the hotel is close to the airport the air traffic is not that bad.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2011

You can really only say positives about any Courtyard you stay in. Less than a mile from the airport which really helped us out. Cleanliness all around and awesome beds. The Bistro is also a great touch. Wish we could of stayed for breakfast. This will be our #1 choice when we come to Louisville, which is often.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The hotel is probably a little better than the average airport hotel -- nicely decorated in public areas and bedroom. Nice Louisville-subject art and photos, like Churchill Downs. Beds very comfy. But we picked this hotel out of the many nearby airport hotels for the fitness center and the whirlpool/hot tub. Fitness center was small but totally adequate. We had really looked forward to the hot tub, and it didn't work properly for all 3 nights of our stay. It was warm, not hot -- maybe 5 degrees or more cooler than it should have been. After a few minutes in lukewarm water, it got chilly. We said something to the pleasant front desk every day; first time, they said the maintenance guy was on vacation; next they said that there was no way to change the temperature (impossible on a hot tub -- there has to be a thermostat), and the third day we were told it had not been working well for awhile. While we were generally happy with the hotel, we would not stay here again because of this malfunction -- and the fact that no one was willing to fix it.

Room Tip: Being by the elevator was nice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
uofl91, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

WAStraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay as it is crucial to our success to know what our guests feel are doing well and what needs our focus

We are glad that you enjoyed the new look of our Courtyard. We are very proud to be able to offer our guests such a warm, comfortable experience. I want to personally apologize to you for your experience with our hot tub during the holidays. I can imagine your frustration at not only having a less than warm experience in the water, but what sounds like a "chilly" response from us to correct the problem. I will offer no excuses, only my sincerest apologies, and my pledge to share your experience with our team in an effort to perform better in the future.

If there is anything I can do to help win you back as a Courtyard customer, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Thank you, again, for sharing your experience so that we can celebrate our successes and learn from our failures.

Best Wishes,