“Awesome hotel to stay in” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast

Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast
Ranked #71 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Memphis, Tennessee
“Awesome hotel to stay in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Great location, great staff, awesome service.
I cant stress how good this place was, they really know how to put the customer first. We were with a basketball team and I will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: You cant go wrong!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnEx1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and such a positive review. It's nice to hear that we are doing something right and were able to deliver a good stay for you. Thank you again and we'll see you again the next time you are in Louisville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pensacola Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

quiet, comfortable rooms with very attentive and friendly staff !!
nice large rooms with plenty of area to move about without encumbering others.
new showers, bathrooms and free buffet breakfast...a very good value

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PhilHarmonik
Holiday Inn Exp... N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, August 28, 2015
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty as an IHG® Rewards Club member. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Rakesh Patel
Guest Service Manager
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were there for a graduation, so, obviously it was hectic. The hotel was the best part and allowed all of us to relax.

The property has been updated and looks great. The rooms are comfortable and modern. We slept like babies!

When we arrived, there was a leak in one of our rooms, since we were tired of traveling we refused to be moved to another room. The great staff fixed the leak the next morning! It was not even a bother.

Perfect place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, we always are trying harder to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, We Thank you for your feed back and look forward to see you again.

Rakesh Patel
Guest Service Manager
Madison, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband travels frequently for business. I booked his hotel room at this hotel on March 20th. On March 21st, I had to cancel because his office changed his plans. I received a cancellation confirmation notice, BUT was STILL CHARGED FOR THIS ROOM ON MY credit card. When I called to inquire, I was told there was a "must purchase at least 7 days in advance" charge. I have reserved and cancelled MANY hotels in my life and have NEVER been charged. It's not like they couldn't rebook the room...they had 19 days to do so before his arrival date. I will never stay at this chain of hotels ever again and have told everyone I know NOT to stay with them. I think they must be running a scam!!

Room Tip: I would find another hotel!!
1 Thank CCheat2717
HolidayInnEx1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We apologize for the misunderstanding of the reservation policy for the Advance Purchase rate with which you booked your reservation. Due to the deep discount from our standard rates, the Advance Purchase rate does require a non refundable payment at the time the reservation was made. This policy is stated in the terms and conditions and must be agreed upon before the reservations are confirmed. Again we do apologize for the misunderstanding and hope you won't let this keep you from enjoying Holiday Inn Express in the future.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I arrived at the hotel near 2am. I was exhausted and just wanted to relax. The desk manager was great. She noted my gold level and asked if I would like a later check-out... sigh and big thanks. She offered 1pm, but I said noon would be great.

The room was comfortable and the sleep was very good.

At 11:20 am, my peace ended with someone from housekeeping hammering loudly and constantly on my door. I finally reached the door and was told it was past check-out time. I explained I was marked down for a noon check-out and that I would meet that time. She responded that she had no note of that and continued to stand at my door.

Usually, when I ask for a later check-out, it is to participate in a conference call for my business. If I were on the phone when the housekeeping person arrived, I would have been furious. If I were in the shower after my late arrival, I would have been equally as furious since she had no intention of stopping the door pounding. It sounded as though the local SWAT team was at the door and preparing to break it down. Then she lacked the grace and customer skills to apologize. I was still tired from a long week of travel and didn't need the hotel's mistake or the housekeeper's inexcusable behavior. She needs to find different work outside the hospitality industry.

I will need to travel this way often with a new business location south of this. This spot made a great stopping point in my travels. Sometimes one event is enough to turn away a customer. I won't be here again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnEx1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the poor service and lack of communication on our part. Your feedback is important and helps us to improve service in all departments.
Wwe are happy your check in went well and you found the room to been clean and comfortable. Our goal is to have happy satisfied guest and as you have stated one bad interaction can prevent us from that.
Again thank you for your comments.
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

This appears to be a newer HIE. Great area, several places to eat in walking distance. Clean, comfortable beds and quiet. My room faced the road and parking lot but noise was not at all an issue. Wifi was great and fast. Breakfast was good, they even had Udi's Gluten free bagels and muffins!!!, how cool is that. I did not use pool or spa so can't speak to that. Definitely will return when in the area again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnEx1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate hearing from you.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Easy to find right off of the interstate. In a very nice neighborhood. Easy check in. Stayed in a king suite which was very large. Loved the suite for our family of 4 that was located right next to an entrance. We were never bothered by outside noise. Comfortable beds. Hotel was clean and well kept. Breakfast area was not very big and was packed with people every morning. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast. We appreciate hearing you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon!