“Perfect spot”

Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast
Ranked #66 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stopped here on our route to Texas, the rooms were well appointed and clean, the breakfast was the standard but perfect for on the go. The bathrooms were clean and newer. Rooms double queen have lots of room to have 4 persons in plus luggage, huge closet to stow away those pesky luggage bags

Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Woodzybcfc
holidayinnex1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

We thank you for staying with us, Guest like you will always make our day by thanking us for doing our job.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Tonight I returned to the room to find that my iPod Touch had been stolen from my room. I told the front desk and they had me call the police and I filled out a police report. The front desk told me the General Manager (Rakesh Patel) would be contacted. This happened after I had complained the thermostat on the AC wasn't working so they had to fix it while I was out of the room all day... This is the first time this ever happened to me and I'm not sure if anything will come of it... needless to say I feel completely violated.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a safe at this hotel....
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Kevin S
holidayinnex1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

I am sorry but anyone can say that someone took their stuff from the room when they even do not know if that is the truth or they have misplaced it somewhere else, you cannot blame someone for your negligence, we have not have this kind of incident happen in last 8 years and we are proud of it, by coincident our housekeeping personnel today found A Yacht Master Rolex Watch worth $8000 for the guest who was staying in room #219, These are the kind of employees we have so I am sorry but one should be careful before they accuse someone else.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had a one-bedroom suite. The room was very generous in size. There was a full kitchen and an eating area. Clean, comfortable bed. Wi-fi was dreadful. We could barely get it to work. Excellent breakfast buffet. Not enough wattage in the lighting. Good place to stay if you don't mind being a bit out of town. Plenty of places to eat a block away and a giant Sam's club as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank yearbook1
holidayinnex1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

We thank you for your business, from the comments of guest like you will make us work harder to please you every time you visit us. Thank you for your comments we appriciate it.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I only stay at Holiday Inns so anytime I go somewhere, I look for a HIExpress. This one was closest to where my sister lives. I actually booked somewhere else, cancelled and moved to this one. My very favorite part is that it is right next to Wal-Mart. That turned out VERY handy for me. There was a lot going on during our trip, so being close to restaurants and Wal-Mart turned out to be extremely handy for me. Also everyone I encountered was super friendly. The lady that was dealing with breakfast the morning we checked out was amazing. She was super friendly to everyone and she was super busy and was dealing with SEVERAL teenagers which I personally find stressful, but she handled it with grace and kindness. She impressed me. The guy that checked us out was nice, and even the guy that came to clean was nice. Wonderful staff. What I wasn't to impressed with was how clean the bathroom was. There was the little shampoo and conditioner bottles that the hotel provides empty and left in the shower. NOT a big deal, but still. Also, while I was taking a bath, I looked under the table where the sink and such is, there was a pill under it. It wasn't swept underneath. That wouldn't have been a big deal either if I didn't have a toddler running around grabbing everything. Also I don't think that the front desk and cleaning staff communicate very well with one another. I was in the process of changing as I get a knock on the door. It was housekeeping. The didn't know the room was still occupied I guess. When we first got there to check in, the front desk staff didn't know if our room was clean and ready...... From an outsider that knows nothing of the hotel business, I didn't see a lot of communication there. I wasn't disappointed in my stay at all, but wasn't impressed either.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nikki J
holidayinnex1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

We really appreciate your comments and we are really sorry for your inconvenience , but without guest lime you we would have hard time finding out our faults. We thank you for your business and specially for your comments, we are always trying to improve our services and your comments do help us to just do that. Thank you again and we will look forward to serve you again in the future.

Rocky Patel

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were travelling thru and needed a good rest. This was just the ticket. Comfortable beds, all items you really needed including microwave and refrigerator. There was a small fitness room and pool. Great breakfast, nice staff.

Room Tip: I think all rooms were good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
holidayinnex1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

We thank you for staying with us, your response is very much appreciated , because of guest like you we do keep working harder. Thank you again

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The hotel was clean and rooms nice. The breakfast food was good but the attendant was rude and did not keep the area stocked and it was not busy while we were there.

• Stayed: July 2012
holidayinnex1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

We thank you for staying with us and the guests like you always makes it worthwhile for us to enjoy what we do. We thank you for your feedback and concern, we will make sure to address your concerns so that we can serve you better the next time , again we appreciate your business. Have a wonderful day

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I've never had such an awful hotel experience in my life. I'm a professional (Biomedical Engineer and Registered Nurse) who was traveling for leisure with my aunt and four children under the age of 9. We had two rooms reserved using the friends and family rate, had driven 8 hours, and were weary, to say the least. The acting night manager, Tom, seemed poised for a fight from the minute we walked in. He promptly told me we would have to show proof of our rate (which was not a problem, but we didn't realize it was a requirement as other HIE's hadn't done the same). As my aunt tried to tell him she wished we had known before arriving, he became quickly agitated. He offered to cancel my reservation and explained that "THIS establishment follows the rules.." I told him it wasn't a problem, that I could print the proof in the business center. For some reason, he just kept going on and on and raising the level of his voice as he did so. I asked him at least twice to please lower his voice in front of my children, but he kept going and going. I had to send the kids across the room, as this was getting embarrassing. He told us that "friends and family customers are the WORST to deal with," and explained that he has had to call the police on people like us before and he wasn't afraid to do it again. I was SO COMPLETELY CONFUSED because we HAD the proof and he just wasn't listening to us! I took my room key and brought my family to my room so we could use the bathroom before unpacking and within 1 minute of opening the door to the suite, he called up and told me he had spoken to the owner (Rakish, or something) and we had "15 minutes to get the proof of our rate to the front desk." OH MY GOSH, I was on the verge of tears, my aunt was EXTREMELY upset, and I had a 1 year old with a poopy diaper and the other children were exhausted and needed to use the restroom. The icing on the cake was that the "non smoking" room had been smoked in. I had two asthmatic children with me (one on a round of prednisone for her asthma)...so this was a deal breaker for me. I calmly took my family down to the business center, printed my proof, brought it to the desk, told him the room was smoked in and that I'd be taking him up on his offer to refund our money. He began to talk rudely about my aunt, telling me to "keep her in check" (she was printing her voucher) and I had to stop him. I told him it was OVER and I was leaving and I was not going to teach my children that it was okay to be bullied by others. He was condescending and just plain mean to us...I was embarrassed to be a part of the awful display. He refunded my room, but refused to refund my aunt. What a joke...and plain discriminatory. We went to the car together and as we sat in the parking lot trying to decide where to go next, he RAN up to our window waving the voucher I had printed in his hand. I rolled down the window and he (still with a raised voice) handed it over and said, "LOOK!" He had circled the fine print which stated the voucher had to be printed. I felt like I had jumped back in time to about 3rd grade...I wasn't even sure WHY he felt like he needed to do that...as we had clearly left the building and were done with the conversation. Furthermore, we HAD THE PROOF OF THE RATE. I'm sorry, but the $50 we would have saved was NOT worth the humiliation we endured. My aunt got the money back from corporate HIE. They lost our $300, but more importantly, they lost my entire family's business from here on out. The funny thing is, the entire interaction was a misunderstanding, but he was too stubborn to listen to what we were saying.

Do yourself a favor, book at the Hampton Inn across the street. They'll treat you like you're human...

Room Tip: Our non smoking room had definitely been smoked in
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank missyb743
holidayinnex1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

I am sorry but these guests are the one who raised their voice, Tom was only following the requirements of a voucher that must be presented at the time of check in. When they did not know that this is the requirement Tom actually helped them by saying that you can print one out by going to our hotel's business center and that would be fine. But the guest had a grudge because Tom only tried to follow the rate requirement . I am sure it is big misunderstanding between us. When you go to airport you cannot say you do not have an ID but would still like to fly because you have a paid ticket.