Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewspancake machineroom was cleanexercise roomhigh speed internetappeared cleanbreakfast areaworking orderrestaurants and shoppingflat screen tvwould stay here againhotel roomdesk clerkvery nice hotelhiewalmartmicrowavepillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The hotel was clean and rooms nice. The breakfast food was good but the attendant was rude and did not keep the area stocked and it was not busy while we were there.

• Stayed: July 2012
holidayinnex1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

We thank you for staying with us and the guests like you always makes it worthwhile for us to enjoy what we do. We thank you for your feedback and concern, we will make sure to address your concerns so that we can serve you better the next time , again we appreciate your business. Have a wonderful day

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I've never had such an awful hotel experience in my life. I'm a professional (Biomedical Engineer and Registered Nurse) who was traveling for leisure with my aunt and four children under the age of 9. We had two rooms reserved using the friends and family rate, had driven 8 hours, and were weary, to say the least. The acting night manager, Tom, seemed poised for a fight from the minute we walked in. He promptly told me we would have to show proof of our rate (which was not a problem, but we didn't realize it was a requirement as other HIE's hadn't done the same). As my aunt tried to tell him she wished we had known before arriving, he became quickly agitated. He offered to cancel my reservation and explained that "THIS establishment follows the rules.." I told him it wasn't a problem, that I could print the proof in the business center. For some reason, he just kept going on and on and raising the level of his voice as he did so. I asked him at least twice to please lower his voice in front of my children, but he kept going and going. I had to send the kids across the room, as this was getting embarrassing. He told us that "friends and family customers are the WORST to deal with," and explained that he has had to call the police on people like us before and he wasn't afraid to do it again. I was SO COMPLETELY CONFUSED because we HAD the proof and he just wasn't listening to us! I took my room key and brought my family to my room so we could use the bathroom before unpacking and within 1 minute of opening the door to the suite, he called up and told me he had spoken to the owner (Rakish, or something) and we had "15 minutes to get the proof of our rate to the front desk." OH MY GOSH, I was on the verge of tears, my aunt was EXTREMELY upset, and I had a 1 year old with a poopy diaper and the other children were exhausted and needed to use the restroom. The icing on the cake was that the "non smoking" room had been smoked in. I had two asthmatic children with me (one on a round of prednisone for her asthma)...so this was a deal breaker for me. I calmly took my family down to the business center, printed my proof, brought it to the desk, told him the room was smoked in and that I'd be taking him up on his offer to refund our money. He began to talk rudely about my aunt, telling me to "keep her in check" (she was printing her voucher) and I had to stop him. I told him it was OVER and I was leaving and I was not going to teach my children that it was okay to be bullied by others. He was condescending and just plain mean to us...I was embarrassed to be a part of the awful display. He refunded my room, but refused to refund my aunt. What a joke...and plain discriminatory. We went to the car together and as we sat in the parking lot trying to decide where to go next, he RAN up to our window waving the voucher I had printed in his hand. I rolled down the window and he (still with a raised voice) handed it over and said, "LOOK!" He had circled the fine print which stated the voucher had to be printed. I felt like I had jumped back in time to about 3rd grade...I wasn't even sure WHY he felt like he needed to do that...as we had clearly left the building and were done with the conversation. Furthermore, we HAD THE PROOF OF THE RATE. I'm sorry, but the $50 we would have saved was NOT worth the humiliation we endured. My aunt got the money back from corporate HIE. They lost our $300, but more importantly, they lost my entire family's business from here on out. The funny thing is, the entire interaction was a misunderstanding, but he was too stubborn to listen to what we were saying.

Do yourself a favor, book at the Hampton Inn across the street. They'll treat you like you're human...

Room Tip: Our non smoking room had definitely been smoked in
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank missyb743
holidayinnex1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

I am sorry but these guests are the one who raised their voice, Tom was only following the requirements of a voucher that must be presented at the time of check in. When they did not know that this is the requirement Tom actually helped them by saying that you can print one out by going to our hotel's business center and that would be fine. But the guest had a grudge because Tom only tried to follow the rate requirement . I am sure it is big misunderstanding between us. When you go to airport you cannot say you do not have an ID but would still like to fly because you have a paid ticket.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at this nonsmoking motel. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the parking lots accommodated a full motel, and the breakfast offered hot fare and healthy alternatives.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
holidayinnex1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2012

We thank you for your stay at our property, We appriciate your comments, We like to welcome you again any time you are visiting Louisville. Thanks Again

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Cons: Hotel is ok but wireless is not working because there are too many people using the internet at the hotel, according to the nice front desk worker. The room costs a lot for it's location. Cheap quality bath products. Sink is stopped up in the bathroom. I can hear the people above me flush their toilet. Cable is not easy to navigate through the channels.
Pros: Front desk workers are friendly. The hotel is very close to restaurants & convenience shopping (WalMart, target,etc)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
holidayinnex1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

We thank you for your input, but the information regarding the internet was not correct, the internet was down from the cable company, all other suggestion or comment regarding the room we appriciate it and we will work on it with guest comfort in mind. Thank you for staying with us, we will always appriciate that.

Rocky Patel

Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night (Friday) at this hotel. The interior looks to have been recently renovated with new carpeting and accents. Our room also had new carpet and updated furnishings. My only complaint has to do with our room door. It has a gap around the frame and rattles when closed. Very noticeable at night when light from hall actually lights up the inside of the room. Nice flat screen tv and large cabinet with fridge and microwave tucked inside. All countertops are granite and the tub/shower enclosure are new. Bedding could use an update, the matress cover had a hole in it. I used exercise room and all equipment was functioning correctly. Pool was open and several people were enjoying it. Breakfast was good, typical breakfast fare, pancake machine was being a problem. Overall we were very happy and thought this was a good value for the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
holidayinnex1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

We thank you for your stay at our hotel, and we also thank you for letting us know our short falls so that we can improve on our faults. Thank you again for stayin with us and guests like you make our job enjoyable and worthwhile.