“Great Experience”

Ranked #71 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

It is not often that a hotel treats everyone with such respect and kindness. Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning staff was nothing but kind, friendly, and respectful to all my girls and their families!

Beauty Queens can be somewhat little divas. We are messy, and can forget to take care of our surroundings. Your crew just did the job for us! Thank you on behalf of my staff and the 2012 Mrs Kentucky Delegates!

See you next October!

Jo Ann Peterson, Director
Mrs. Kentucky
mrskentucky1@att.net
www.mrskentucky.net
502.499.8497

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We will be staying here again. Clean, very comfortable rooms, very friendly staff, great pool, great location and wonderful breakfast. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Faith W
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Without going in to the details of what a Holiday Inn Express provides in the USA (see their website for more info), what I can say is it was Exactly what I was looking for in accomodation on the run.
I could not fault it. When I was chatting to the Manager on arrival, he said "Yes - you can't beat them' referring the the chain as a whole and what they provide.
I am a Holiday Inn Express convert now. Make sure to join their Preferred Customer program at the first stay. You get points to use later on.
The free breakfasts are great and you can get a coffee all day usually from the breakfast area, also for free.
There are a few restaurants near the Holiday Inn Express Louisville. I went to the locl Chinese one and got a good meal to take back to my room.
Do not go past this Hotel when in Louisville. Your GPS can find it for you no problem.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Waterford, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My wife and I booked a room at this hotel via for a one night stay. We were forced to cancel the reservation several days in advance of our anticipated arrival. Upon trying to cancel the reservation, we were informed that the confirmation number that we were originally given didn't exist in their system. We were also informed that we were being charged as a no show for a date that we never had a reservation for. Upon trying to get this straightened out with the manager, Aaron Moss, he insisted that we were wrong and that it was impossible that one of his employees had made an error. After contacting the Holiday Inn Guest Relations, Mr. Moss had apparently lied to us and to his corporate office since they found that someone at this hotel had fraudulently used our credit card to make it appear as though we had made the reservation in question. There's plenty of other places to stay. Nobody needs to be treated the way we were.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank endur0

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Hobart, Indiana
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Please read all of this..I know it's long, but believe me, its worth the read.
We drove 5 hours from the Chicagoland area to visit some relatives. It was me, my boyfriend and his two children. Upon our arrival to the hotel, everything seemed fine. As we checked in, my boyfriend confirmed the rate we were being charged since we went through AAA and were receiving a discount. They assured us of the price and so we checked in. The room was nice, a suite with a pull out couch, tv, microwave, and fridge. We had the kids wash their hands in the sink outside the bathroom. As I was looking around I happened to open the cabinet below that sink and discovered that it was leaking. We called the front desk and they came up and fixed the pipe that had the leak. We decided, to be safe, to not use that sink for the remainder of the stay. As they fixed the pipe we tried to turn on the lights in the room. When the lights wouldn't turn on we checked and realized that none of the lamps had bulbs. Unfortunately as we were checking, one of the kids accidentally stuck his finger into the bulb socket and was shocked. We told the owner of the hotel and he said they would return with some light bulbs. They came back with the bulbs and we resumed settling into the room. We went and visited my boyfriends cousins for a few hours and upon our return he asked the front desk if it would be ok for them to come visit so the kids could swim in the pool. They said that would be fine so we called them and went swimming. The kids got about an hour of swimming in when a man working at the hotel approached us and said the pool would be closing an hour early because they were going to paint the floor. By then it was already close to the new closing time so we got the kids out and left the pool. After they left I sent my boyfriend down to get some extra towels since there were only 3 and there were 4 of us. When he came back he informed me that the pool wasn't closed like they said it would be and that he was told it was a bridal party. So basically we were kicked out because a bridal party didn't want to share. And when he went to the desk later on that night to tell them, the denied it being open...while the bridal party was still in the pool. He said "go look, there's people swimming right now", to which they replied "no, the pool is closed. they're painting the floor". So they had six year olds painting the floor?? We decided it wasn't worth it since we were tired from the drive as it was and got ready for bed. When we tried to get the bed out of the pull out couch, it was stuck. Someone came to the room to try to help, but they couldnt get the bed out either. So they had to bring a cot to our room for the kids to sleep on. The next morning my boyfriend and the kids went to get breakfast in the lobby, if you can call watery imitation eggs and questionable meats, and something they tried to pass as gravy, breakfast. I am in no way at all a picky eater but even I decided to opt for the instant oatmeal. We finally checked out and made the 5 hour drive back home. You'd think the drama would end there, but it didn't. Upon checking his account, my boyfriend discovered that we were charged more than they said for the room. He was fed up with the hotel by then and so he called corporate and told them what happened. They apologized and said they would send us a $50 gift card an an incentive to continue business with them. They also said to call the manager of the hotel because they should have given us that night free. He called the manager after that and told him what corporate said, to which the manager told him that they were not giving him any of the money back because he was getting a gift card. He told them that he was given the card so they could keep his business and that they said he shouldn't have to pay for the night at all but he just wanted the overcharge back. They told him again that they weren't giving him anything. He reminded them that his son was shocked in their room on their property and they said to him "it wasn't a big deal" and that they still weren't refunding him. He told the manager that we would be taking the necessary steps to let others know how they handle business and that he would in turn lose business to which they said "do what you have to do". He called corporate back, told them what happened, and asked if they could look up what the charge was for. When they looked it up they told him we were charged for the LIGHTBULBS they brought to the room. Lightbulbs that should have been there in the first place. They actually charged us for them! Needless to say corporate decided to refund us everything, the room, tax....the bulbs. This would never had been such a huge problem if the hotel owner wasn't such an A-hole. We never asked for the night refunded, we just wanted what we were overcharged back. And since the owner purchased into the franchise, corporate said they cant do anything, even though initially they told us they would refund it all.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank amarie1183
holidayinnex1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Can anyone believe that in today's world someone would charge you for a Light Bulb?
I am sorry but obviously this is completely untrue, we would love to provide with any receipts or any records that can support the Guest's claim.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We ended up at this hotel through a Hotwire purchase when we planned a last minute trip to the KY Derby, and every place within a 50 mile radius of Louisville is gouging you for a room. Our place seemed to be a deal relatively speaking, but it was still way, way overpriced due to the Derby. The hotel was conveniently located near the freeway in a suburban area, that was the best thing about it. The hotel seems newer, or that attempts to update it have been made, but it really shows hard wear and tear. The bad: there was a reddish fruit punch colored stain on the carpet in our room outside the bathroom area. The arms of the desk chair looked like they had been chewed by an animal or a hungry teething child. I take longer showers, and by the time I finished mine and my husband took his the water was lukewarm, not hot. One of the electrical outlets in the room didn't work. We thought the iron was not working until we plugged it in a different outlet and saw that the problem was not the iron itself. There was a man an a woman outside yelling in the middle of our second night who woke both me and my husband up. When we checked out there was trash strewn outside near the entry (paper plates, bottled water packaging). The good: beds were OK, the shower enclosure was newer so taking a shower didn't gross me out, nice large plasma TV, toiletries were decent, mini fridge in the room was super cold and nice to have for holding some drinks. In summary, I wouldn't be afraid to stay here again if it was my only choice, but I'd certainly take time to look for a nearby Hampton Inn instead because for that category/price point of room I think Hampton generally executes a much better experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
rochester,ny
Reviewed July 23, 2009

only one small problem, a lightbulb was missing from night stand lamp.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family