Holiday Inn Express Louisville Northeast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewspancake machineroom was cleanexercise roomhigh speed internetappeared cleanbreakfast areaworking orderrestaurants and shoppingflat screen tvwould stay here againhotel roomdesk clerkvery nice hotelhiewalmartmicrowavepillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Without going in to the details of what a Holiday Inn Express provides in the USA (see their website for more info), what I can say is it was Exactly what I was looking for in accomodation on the run.
I could not fault it. When I was chatting to the Manager on arrival, he said "Yes - you can't beat them' referring the the chain as a whole and what they provide.
I am a Holiday Inn Express convert now. Make sure to join their Preferred Customer program at the first stay. You get points to use later on.
The free breakfasts are great and you can get a coffee all day usually from the breakfast area, also for free.
There are a few restaurants near the Holiday Inn Express Louisville. I went to the locl Chinese one and got a good meal to take back to my room.
Do not go past this Hotel when in Louisville. Your GPS can find it for you no problem.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My wife and I booked a room at this hotel via for a one night stay. We were forced to cancel the reservation several days in advance of our anticipated arrival. Upon trying to cancel the reservation, we were informed that the confirmation number that we were originally given didn't exist in their system. We were also informed that we were being charged as a no show for a date that we never had a reservation for. Upon trying to get this straightened out with the manager, Aaron Moss, he insisted that we were wrong and that it was impossible that one of his employees had made an error. After contacting the Holiday Inn Guest Relations, Mr. Moss had apparently lied to us and to his corporate office since they found that someone at this hotel had fraudulently used our credit card to make it appear as though we had made the reservation in question. There's plenty of other places to stay. Nobody needs to be treated the way we were.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank endur0
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We ended up at this hotel through a Hotwire purchase when we planned a last minute trip to the KY Derby, and every place within a 50 mile radius of Louisville is gouging you for a room. Our place seemed to be a deal relatively speaking, but it was still way, way overpriced due to the Derby. The hotel was conveniently located near the freeway in a suburban area, that was the best thing about it. The hotel seems newer, or that attempts to update it have been made, but it really shows hard wear and tear. The bad: there was a reddish fruit punch colored stain on the carpet in our room outside the bathroom area. The arms of the desk chair looked like they had been chewed by an animal or a hungry teething child. I take longer showers, and by the time I finished mine and my husband took his the water was lukewarm, not hot. One of the electrical outlets in the room didn't work. We thought the iron was not working until we plugged it in a different outlet and saw that the problem was not the iron itself. There was a man an a woman outside yelling in the middle of our second night who woke both me and my husband up. When we checked out there was trash strewn outside near the entry (paper plates, bottled water packaging). The good: beds were OK, the shower enclosure was newer so taking a shower didn't gross me out, nice large plasma TV, toiletries were decent, mini fridge in the room was super cold and nice to have for holding some drinks. In summary, I wouldn't be afraid to stay here again if it was my only choice, but I'd certainly take time to look for a nearby Hampton Inn instead because for that category/price point of room I think Hampton generally executes a much better experience.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2009

only one small problem, a lightbulb was missing from night stand lamp.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2009

When we arrived today, we were offered great service and offered a floor of our choice. When we walked into our room, as usual our family was dazzled, but as we stayed, we realized the place wasn't that great. At our table that I am sitting at now writing this review, both the chairs right handle were both broken, a chair that was supposed to be in the corner wasn't there, and the TV has to have it's volume adjusted every time you turn it on (which is hard when you have one family member who never lets you watch the TV.) Although they have high-speed internet and great service, I would not recommend this hotel very much, although I would still come even if it was the last hotel on Earth.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family