“Really good wings”

Ranked #33 of 2,033 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Against The Grain Downtown Public House is located in the southeast corner of Louisville Slugger Field at the corner of Jackson and Main Street. It is a former train station that features beautifully ornate industrial architecture, lending to the beauty of the dining room and brewhouse. Inside you will find one of the nations only operational, Victorian styled and 3 story ‘showpiece’ brewhouses. The copper clad 15 barrel brewhouse is complemented by eclectic pieces of art produced by Louisvillian artists. Complimenting our world class beer are delicious and unique burgers featuring our house grind mix of beef. Come grab a burger and beer with us!
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Just going there for the wings are worth it, but there was more. They have a great home brewed beers to choose from. I had the brisket sandwich for lunch which was trendier and flavorful.

Reviewed April 15, 2019

Arrived at Slugger Field a little early for Thunder, and rather than enter the ballpark right away, we (my wife and I) decided to visit Against The Grain. No entry allowed via the patio area (not sure if that was typical or not), but of course just inside the east gate is their main entrance. We weren't interested in eating (not yet as it turned out), so they were able to sit us immediately at the bar. We ordered a pint of "Pile of Face" an American IPA. Excellent beer. Spent some time chatting with the bartender and decided to review the menu, just in case...plus we were sitting near the kitchen so saw plenty of items go by...they all looked pretty good.

...fast forward to after the game, and after wandering around the area, decided to head back for dinner. Told a 45 minute wait, went into Slugger Field to watch the concert, got paged in 20 minutes (knew it wouldn't take them that long). Wife ordered the Kentucky Burgoo, kind of like a watery and spicy chili as it turned out. Stewed and smoked shredded pork, some shredded brisket, a bit of chicken, and some veggies. I ordered a sausage roll, which is a hot link on a pretzel roll, with pickled red onion, chili mayo, & spicy mustard. Good snap to the hot link, a nice amount of spice, and really liked the pretzel roll. I was a little surprised the sausage roll didn't come with anything, like a few chips or something...literally just the roll.

So ATG would be a great option for before or after games for a beer.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

If you go, you have to get the mac and cheese! It was delicious as was the turkey, the brussel sprouts, and brisket. The couple we were with had burgers and said they were awesome, too.

The only reason I am giving it a 4 instaed of a 5 is that it took four samples to find a beer I liked...and I ended up drinking only half of it. Not a good sign. I am kind of a lightweight on beers though...so maybe if you like the hoppier ones you would be ok.

Reviewed April 7, 2019

So it takes a lot for me to give a 5 star for food. The prime rib brisket was some of the best meat I have EVER eaten. Wow. I shared the 1/2lb with a friend and we both got a side, it was perfect. We had a huge group and part of the group got the big items to share which you can see here, it came with 5 sides. I loved the food and the beer. I would not only highly recommend, but I hope to return. I also want to note that they are a great place if you have a large group. Call ahead and get reservations. Our waitress Aubrey did a great job managing our group of 23. Look forward to a return someday!

Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

Family of four and we ate for about $50. Very good service and excellent food!

Even our Vegan had a full enjoyable meal.

Interesting atmosphere with a bar, but suitable for older children. Definitely worth a try!