“Not just a cajun wannabe”

Selena's at Willow Lake Tavern
Ranked #59 of 1,851 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We ended up at Selelana's, frankly, because we couldn't find a parking place within a quarter mile of The Village Anchor in Louisville. It turned out to be great serendipity. We had initially passed over Selena's because we've been to New Orleans, and learned not to expect too much from étouffée this far north. It was a very pleasant surprise to find such good food and service. The BCM (broccoli, cauliflower, mushroom) pasta dish and the calamari alone were worth the visit. Our server, J.R., (don't make "Dallas" jokes with him!) was extremely knowledgeable about Selena's liquid offerings and happy to investigate the others for us. We'll be back.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went here for lunch with a group of ten. It was a rainy day so we did not want to sit outside, and we had no trouble getting seated. This restaurant has many Cajun dishes which others at our table enjoyed. The portions were large. I'm not a spicy food fan so I had the corn flake breaded fish fingers with fries. The fish was light and flaky. The batter was good but still allowed the mild flavor of the fish to come through. Nice atmosphere and the service was good.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I really like the location of Selena's, but I wish they would offer a different cuisine. Cajun food at a place like Willow Lake just doesn't seem like a good fit.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have eaten here 3-4 times and like another reviewer I REALLY want to like this place. It is cozy in the winter and pleasant in the spring and summer. The service is very good as well.
The food is so-so and very expensive for what it is. The Zatarains jambalaya box mix from the grocery store is more flavorful than the jambalaya entree I have eaten at Selena's.
Selena's would be a great place for drinks and appetizers. Their bar scene looks pretty inviting. Next time I will skip the dinner.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had a coupon from living social-the restaurant was great! Awesome food-homemade. Blackened chicken linguini Alfredo was delicious. My husband had 18 oz porterhouse steak, seasoned & cooked perfectly. Very friendly & laid back atmosphere. A little pricey, but portions were very big.