“Delicious taste of the Mediterranean” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #115 of 1,748 Restaurants in Louisville
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Neighborhood: South Side
Murray, Kentucky
“Delicious taste of the Mediterranean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed Mirage. I got take-out and the owner/manager was very nice in helping me select a dish. He gave me a delicious sage tea while I waited, but after I said I loved the Mint tea from Morocco, he brought me another glass of mint tea! I got the kebab combo and thought it was really well done, huge portion, fast, and a variety of fixings. Definitely the best hummus I have had in the states. I will be returning on my next trip to Louisville!

• Visited July 2014

Robinson, Illinois, United States
“New food experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I am an adventurous type. So when I saw a restaurant with food I can't find where I live, I was ready to go. I went with a group, which included children. The waitress was very nice and assured us that anything we tried would be good. She was right. Everyone got something different and everyone loved their food. Arabic tea was awesome! I had the beef shawarma, which was delicious! A couple of the kids had the kabobs-beef, lamb, and chicken and the kids loved them. I had some too and they were tasty! The 7yr old couldn't get enough of the rice. Everyone had plenty to eat and the price of the meal was excellent! I will definitely go back when I'm in the area!

• Visited June 2014
“Excellent Gyro +”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had the Gyro coupled with the 4-salad platter. Quite a feast - very tasty. The Gyro was seasoned nicely and served hot with just the right amount of lettuce to sauce to meat ratio. The hummus was very nice with the pita and mixture of salads. I want to return and try the lamb.

Visited May 2014
Lancaster, Ohio
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Was in Louisville this weekend for the National Archery in our Schools Program Nationals competition. Read about Mirage here at Tripadvisor and decided to give them a try since it was just literally around the corner from Crowne Plaza.
Really nice surprised at the quality and speedy service. And they offered Arabic tea while I waited which was very sweet and fragrant.
I ordered both the beef and chicken shawarma with a side of stuffed grape leaves. I'm not a fan of grape leaves but the wife said they were the best she's ever had. The shawarma was tasty and the portion was huge. It came with spiced rice, salad and a choice of second salad. I ordered the Arabic salad, which was tomatoes, cucumbers and onions and the wife got the baba ganoush.
I was in and out in less than ten minutes, but it was early evening and there were only a handful of guests at the time in the dining room.
Now to be completely honest, the beef shawarma could have used a little more seasoning but then I realized that it was extremely lean, but tender and mixed well with the rice. The chicken shawarma had more flavor and I would probably get that the next time I go there.
Definitely would recommend to anyone visiting Louisville.

• Visited May 2014
alexandria, va
“tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I like this place so much, I ate there twice while visiting Louisville. The falafel was very tasty. Also, the hummus and Jerusalem salad were very good. You can try a variety of salads and entrees.

Visited March 2014