“Outstanding Basi Mojitos”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Phoenix Hill
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The basil mojitos are the best and quite potent. This is one place you can go in Louisville to have beverages, excellent fresh oysters (at a decent price), and great pizza! The imported italian wood fired oven adds the right touch. During the spring, summer and fall, you are able to sit outside to eat or lounge on the 'grass' covered benches with friends!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Really cool concept for a restaurant and bar. They make their tonic water in house and it is absolutely the best Gin and Tonic I've ever had. Their basil Gimlet was great too. They have fresh oysters from varying locations and their sweet corn pizza was delicious. Beautiful patio with ping pong tables, at night with the lights strung up it appears very fanciful. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The menu at the Garage is quite limited. Basically there are brick oven pizzas, raw oysters, and country ham. All are good but not great! Part of the appeal of this restaurant is the casual atmosphere. There are ping pong tables outside as well as outdoor seating to enjoy on nice days. My husband loves the country ham sampler platter so we will eat here again! Not a "must" in my opinion.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We'd been dying to try this place, based on the long wait each time we passed by. Overall, it was wonderful -- the calzone with butternut squash and ricotta, comes with a salad on top of it -- which turned out to be a delicious combination -- loved this and would definitely order it again. We sat outside, which has a really fun and relaxing atmosphere. Our server (Edward, I think) was excellent, very nice and attentive.

My one problem with Garage Bar is the MENU, in general. There are very few other things that appealed to us. Obviously, this restaurant is doing just fine, but just throwing this out there -- a few chicken pizzas would add some variety to the menu! Because I don't eat pork, and plain pizzas just don't interest me, other than the calzone, I saw nothing I'd want to order.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We've been to the Garage a few different times, mainly for drinks. For a bar, this is a cool place to get a drink and enjoy the outdoor area, and if it is nice out and the garage doors are open, the interior is a great place to sit. I had a chance to try a few pizzas when I was there recently with some friends. While they were okay, they were not what I would consider exceptional. The place wasn't too busy, but the pizzas were cooled off by the time they got to our table, and the dough was kind of semi-done, like they were rushing them out.