“It was just ok...”
Review of Dish on Market

Dish on Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Dish on Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,801 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Diner, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Fifth and Market
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here before we went to Kentucky Center for the Arts on our date night. We had a reservation for 5:45 and we were seated very promptly. The service was good and we ordered the egg roll appetizer which was a little over fried but the dipping sauce was flavorful. I ordered the shrimp and grits and my husband ordered the hot brown. My food was served cold and when I ask the server to heat it he questioned my integrity claiming I must be mistaken. Nonetheless he took the food back to the kitchen and after about 5 minutes the owner returned with a very hot shrimp and grits entree. After being heated it was good. My husband's hot brown was very rich in flavor...perfect hot brown. I tasted it myself. The ambiance was nice but much attention needs to be made to the ladies restroom. Hole in floor of bathroom stall was kind of creepy. Overall, I believe it is a nice local friendly place but I think if you are expecting a more upscale atmosphere and food you should make reservations elsewhere.

There are newer reviews for Dish on Market

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Beautiful setting, easy to reach in Louisville, and very friendly staff. We ordered sandwiches, whiskey, and local beer. All delicious. We ate at the bar and got excellent and quick service despite a very busy lunch hour. The selection of bourbon is great fun to explore! I highly recommend this place in Louisville for a fine lunch and drinking experience. My only problem with the visit - and NOT the fault of the restaurant - is the parking situation in Louisville. Bring lots of quarters for the metered parking on the streets.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Wow! All four of us had really yummy food! Will be going back to try some other dishes. Good service and nice atmosphere too.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Very cute restaurant that serves a great breakfast. You can order off the menu or the breakfast buffet was a great deal and quite yummy with made to order omelets. The service was excellent and everyone was very, very nice. I loved the building!! Old architecture and just lovely. Will definitely visit again when in the area.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The main reason this place gets a low rating is that they served my wife a chicken Sandwitch that was basically raw in the center of the thick part. Thn manager did take here lunch off and discount the other 2 meals. One of which was OK (my fathers sandwich) the other my chicken and waffels was not at all good. I'm not sure how this place stays open