“gourmet comfort food, gazillion beers on tap, excellent prices”

Brick House Tavern + Tap
Ranked #49 of 1,754 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“gourmet comfort food, gazillion beers on tap, excellent prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

chicken and waffles for $12 for the win! great prime rib sandwich. huge portions. a ton of beer on tap. extremely attentive and friendly service. our server said this chain was doing very well and expanding despite the slow economy. given the food, service, and value, i can see why.

1 Thank davismaximus

Florida
“Lunch with the gang!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I met some old friends here at the Brick House and we had some drinks and a good meal. The service was excellent, the food was super and the atmosphere was terrific! The fish and chips is huge, enough for two people, the burgers looked delicious and the BLT was great! We had a very nice lunch and visit and when we will meet here again in the future!

Kentucky
“Nice Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I ate there recently. It is a really cool location. YOu can choose your seating from either a table, booth, or sofa... Yes I said sofa. We chose the sofa.

They had a nice outdoor seating area, althought it was too hot to eat outside on the day we visited. But it is open to the inside bar, which is pretty neat, except the flies were very annoying.

I had the "one brick" burger. They said they were cooked to medium, I think more well done. They are not your usual round shape, they are actually shaped like a brick. I had your basic cheese burger. It was OK. I ordered the onion straws and they were really good.

My husband ordered the BLT. It was served on texas toast, a lot of bread according to him. He had the "tots" with his hamburger, I recommend passing on them and going for the fries. The tots were greasy and tasteless.

They have a lot of t.v.'s and a large bar area - this would be a great place to watch a ball game with friends. I was clean and nicely appointed.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is my second visit to Louisville and I will always eat at the Brick House Tavern at least once everytime I'm there. I love it!!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank sherperton
Saint Louis, Missouri
“not as pretentious as the menu sounds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Read the menu online and wasn't sure - sounded kinda fru-fru but went because it was close to our hotel. Boy am I glad we did. Everything was great. We sat outside (does have smoking outside.) the patio was airy and laid out. Has a giant fire pit with seating( at least 10 or 15 people could sit around it) perfect to enjoy friends and a cocktail. We enjoyed the deviled eggs for an appitizers-creamy, tangy and fresh. Hubby had the daily special- proscutto wrapped meatloaf that sat upon some cheesey potatoes topped with fried onion straws. Very yummy, moist, different yet homey at the same time. Everyone around us that had this cleared their plate. I had the filet with mushrooms and cheese, comes with breaded mushrooms with dip (very similar to Houlihans but not stuffed- sauce was almost the same) and I got cheesey potatoes. The steak was good, nothing to write home about- a little on the bland side, but not bad. I would recommend ordering whatever they have on special for that day- those dishes seem to be the powerhouse. They have a large selection of beers icluding local all with good descriptions. Atmosphere is open yet comfortable and rusticly modern. Felt comfortable in a t-shirt and shorts. Service could use a little improving but the food came out fast and hot.

• Visited June 2012