New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport
Ranked #65 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
“Nice clean hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nothing fancy. Just regular hotel room. But very clean, nice staff, smells good. I would stay again and recommend others to stay. Good location. Close to Ruth Chris, mall, Church Hill Downs, etc. We enjoyed are stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here , and please know that I will be sure to let my team know how everything was. We hope to see you back soon. Thank you for taking the time to do the review.

Jamie Harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This Red Roof Inn was an average type of room. Nothing bad, just average. It is close to the airport so I guess that is why is was on the high end as far as cost for this type of room. We did have a "superior" king room with micro and fridge but nothing outstanding. The service was good but it was on the loud side in the a.m. We would stay here again but might look into a different location.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I want to say sorry for the early wake up call from the noise . I'm glad that the service was good and that you would come stay with us again. Next time just let us know and we can put on the other side of the building. Thank You.

Roosevelt, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

My friends and I were recently in Louisville for the Kentucky Derby. Not only were the rooms nice and very clean, the staff was exceptional. We had the time of our lives and have Jamie to thank for that! If I am ever in Louisville again, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jamie H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, and I'm so glad that you had a good time. I'm also glad that I could make your trip so much better. It was my pleasure to show you all I could at the track. I hope if you ever come back I hope that you come see me.

Lyons, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Arrived Derby weekend to be told my reservation had been cancelled! What?! What?! I was traveling with my mom who is older and it was Derby weekend so what was I to do? I was polite but obviously upset as I has confirmed my reservation two weeks prior. Stella jumped into action and not only got my mom and I into rooms but got us on first floor since my mom is partially disabled. Saved the day and turned what could have been a horrible situation and ruined our weekend into a very pleasent stay. I have traveled the world and stayed in 5 star resorts and did not get the personal attention Stella gave me that day. Rooms are clean and orderly. Close to exposition center and easy shuttle transfer to Derby. The rooms smell a bit too much of air freshner but everything I needed was available and there. I would definetely stay again!

Room Tip: All rooms are non smoking which is awesome!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jamie H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review , and I'm so glad Stella was able to fix all your problems. Stella is a great asset to the Inn and everybody loves her. I will make sure that she see's this and I'm sure she will be thankful.

Converse, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was a little suspect the first time i stayed there because the price was so good, but much to my surprise the rooms were newly renovated clean and comfortable.I am a horse trainer and ship into Churchill on a regular basis and Jaime the manager has always handled everything with great professionalism.I had the choice to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott this year again for the Derby but decided that I would rather stay at this hotel instead. It was much more convenient to restaurants and i didn't have any trouble getting to the track at all. BIG PLUS Waffle House in the parking lot!! Thanks Jaime and Thanks to your great house keeping team!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review , and for the kind words . I will make sure to share this with my team. We all work hard to make the Inn a great place to stay and I'm glad we have made you fall in love with us. I will see you next Derby but we hope to see you sooner.

Lakewood, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were coming into town the day after the Kentucky Derby. I was happy to find this highly rated room at a decent price, just over $60 for one night. The reviews here on TripAdvisor looked pretty good.

We got to the hotel. It's in what looks like kind of a shabby neighborhood. The hotel is bright and fairly clean, though it feels dated. Our King room was on the smallish side, but it had a nice TV, a small desk, and of course a king bed.

I love the non-smoking policy. However, it means that people are milling outside at all hours, smoking. When we pulled up to our room, three different people were standing around. It's not dangerous, but a little weird.

Not a bad place for the price, I guess.

Cleanliness
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us. I'm glad that we did the job for you. We hope to see you back the next time you are in town.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is the best hotel in Louisville, from the staff to the rooms everything was great. We were herefor three days and it was great. Brenda, Jamie, Stella were wonderful. Isabela in housekeeping did a great job. Thank you for your great employees.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind words the team works very hard and I will make sure to share this with them. I'm so glad that you were happy with the Inn and I'm glad that Brenda , Stella, and Isabel know how great they did. Hope to see you soon.