“Ok Hotel”

Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport
Ranked #65 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel is located approximately 10 minutes away from the Louisville airport. I arrived early and my room was not ready for me to check in. The staff went out of their way to get the room cleaned for me. I found the reception staff to be friendly and courteous. The room was large, clean, with a comfortable king size bed, refrigerator, free Wi-Fi, large flat screen TV, iron and ironing board, and coffee maker. There is a Waffle House directly in front of the hotel which was convenient. A Bob Evans restaurant is about a quarter of mile away also. Plan on having a car if you are going to stay here as it is not conveniently located.to much. Not a bad place overall to stay at.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay, the staff tries very hard to make everyone feel at home. I will make sure to share this with the staff. We hope to see you again when in Louisville.

Jamie Harris

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We enjoyed our stay of four nights at the Red Roof Inn. Our room was updated with hardwood floors, flat screen TV and VERY clean. The front desk was very friendly and very helpful when we had any questions. We will definitely stay there again and again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for the kind words. I will be sure to share with my staff. We thank you for staying with us every year for the Ky Derby. We hope to see you next year.

Jamie Harris

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stella was so great!! Had a problem with the internet and she was right on it in a Timely manner!! Congrat's Red Roof for having such a caring person!! Room was super!! Great rate also!! Very fair! So refreshing to stay at Hotel that cares!! Also the guy they came by to fix my phone and helped with the Internet was super-Miguel was his name great person!!

Room Tip: Get your coupon at the Rest areas or welcome center! They will work with you everyway they can based...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and we are so glad that you had a great stay. I will make sure to let the staff know all the good things that you said. Please be sure to come and see us again when you are in Louisville.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you need a place to get sleep and don't expect any other frills, this hotel is decent for the price. It is located very close to the airport and I-65 exit ramps. Noise from airport isn't too bad, but some is to be expected. The rooms themselves are nice looking for this old fashioned type of hotel(rooms with doors leading to outside). The first room we checked into had the AC off. We turned on it as the room was almost 90 degree and went to dinner. 2 hours later we returned and the temp was still 80. We got swapped to a different room, and the AC unit worked a bit better. It never dropped below 70 though until late at night.

Our second night we had asked for 1 extra set of towels and an extra pillow as there were 3 of us in staying in the room. The front desk told us it would be there when we returned later that day. Upon returning, the room had been cleaned but no extra towels or pillows. I called the desk a total of 3 more times and was repeatedly promised they were on their way. We never got them and upon checking out the staff didn't bother to ask how our stay was.

The hotel was ok for the price, but spending 5 or 10 dollars more will get you a better room and better service. None of the rooms had microwaves, coffee makers, or irons. The 'free wifi' was horribly slow and disconnected a lot.

Good hotel for just catching a nap and back on the road, but not much else!

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask for a 1st floor room if available. The rooms all face out toward...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

First let me say how sorry I 'am for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We dropped the ball on the service and i will be sharing this with my team. Please this is not the way Red Roof Inn does business, and please don't let this stop you from staying with us again. Thank You so much.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

First of all, the facility was clean. Because it has installed new hardwood floors, there existed no unpleasant orders or obvious dirt. Flat scree tv and free wifi also enhanced the stay. I would definitely recommend this facility to my family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for letting us know how we did . I'm glad you like the new rooms , andi will pass this along to my team. We too are glad for the carpet to be gone , the new wood floors are great. We hop to see you again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel is clean , well located, staff friendly ,staff printed addresses to nearby shopping malls . Your best option is to get the upgrade for microwave and refrigerator . Only draw back for me, which a personal issue ,I have a mobility problem and the 24 inch bathroom door difficult in negotiating .

Room Tip: only coffee served for breakfast
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for the nice review the team here tries hard to make each guest feel like they are welcomed. We hope that you come back and see us again your next trip to Louisville. I will share with the team.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport on several occasions. I love going down for the Kentucky Derby and this time I stayed 3 weeks. The location is ideal as it is close to the airport, and right off of I-65. I have always found the staff to be very pleasant, and the newly remodeled rooms are an imorovement. I do have one complaint which never seems to get corrected --- the WIFI. It is extremely slow and something needs to be done to improve it.

Room Tip: I would suggest staying on the east side of the building if possible, which has the even numbered ro...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the nice review and i'm sorry for the WI-FI issue , our home office is making every effort to correct this issue. But we are glad that everything else was good for you . We will be looking for you to stay with us again. Thank You