“Nice enough room but overpriced for what you get”

Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport
Ranked #63 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I felt so sorry for the lady working the desk when we checked in, she must have been the only one there! We had to wait at first because the door to the lobby was locked. She was taking care of some other guest needs. She seemed quite overwhelmed.
The room was fine, but I have stayed in nicer hotels for less. The continental breakfast was OK.
There was some old-time car shin-dig going on that weekend and I think they were all staying at this hotel - sitting out in the parking lot in their lounge chairs with their cars all night long.
We had to drag our suitcases up to the second floor to our room, no elevators. Not fun at the end of a long day of driving..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

I wanted to thank you for sharing your concerns. i do want to apologize for the elevators being down , and the wait to get checked in . I'am glad that you thought the room was nice, and we hope that you would please give us another try .

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The rooms were clean. Outside in the hallways,steps and corridors were dirty. No blow drier in the room. Very very loud air unit in the room. It sounded more like a gasoline generator. They only supplied two towls and wash cloths at a time daily for the room.

Room Tip: A waffle house is next door.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We apperciate your business and want you to know that we do apologize for the way the outside of the property looked during your stay. I wanted you to know that we take out guests comments seriously and we have addressed these issues. Please know i hope that if you return to this area we would like to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Moving west and needed hotel that would take a dog. When we arrived and saw strip club, pool hall, and pawn shops just down the street, we got worried. The neighborhood ain't the best, however rooms have been renovated (on the cheap) and are clean. Other than WIFI (which worked great) no frills here. Front desk seemed to be working all by himself but was quite courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience we are glad you room was good, however i'm sorry that the location was not what you expected. This is a safe area and our local police patrol the area regularly. I hope that we can have you stay with us on return visits.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Outside Doors, not my favorite.. no Pool... but FREE WIFI... Not always available in larger cities... It sits behind a Waffle house but RIGHT off of I-65. We needed a couple of extra towels and the lady from the office brought them to us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We are so glad that you liked our new look, and we appreciate our gusts . Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Brand new rooms Staff is excellent especially Brenda and Stella very professional and met all my request!! Wow!! Very different that alot of other Hotels!! So nice I am staying 5 nights!!! Really a joy to have such a staff that cares!!

Room Tip: Either Book your Hotel on Hotels.com or get a coupon at the rest area for a great Rate!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
jharris62, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

It is always a pleasure to hear from our repeat guests. Thank you for your loyality to our brand and this Inn. We hope that we will be seeing you again in the near future. Also thank you for letting me know just how helpful Brenda & Stella were and always are.

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I live in Pennsylvania and drive to Kentucky to pick up his son for the summer. Generally we drive to and from Kentucky in one day but this time we decided to sleep a night at Red Roof Inn. The check-in process was easy. Reservations were there. (That's always a worry of mine.). The room we stayed in was nice and new. Bed was okay as far as comfort. Nice big tv. Shower and floors were dirty. Now here is my rant.. We were there to get a good night SLEEP. I got about an hour and a half total. This seems to be a local party spot. My dog couldn't seem to relax and neither could I as loads of teenagers were roaming around directly outside of my room, playing loud music in their cars, continually slamming their car doors, and talking and screaming. I went out around 2:30 am to let my dog outside and there were atleast 10 people outside. There is also a waffle house pretty much in the motel parking lot that is open 24 hours a day. Motorcycles drove in and out revving their engines around 3:30 am, and there were constantly people standing around outside the restaurant as well. I am fully aware that this isn't the motels fault, but maybe they should have invested in soundproofing the walls better. When I checked out, no one asked me how my stay was.. Thank god for that. If you're looking for a good nights sleep, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012

I wanted to apologize for the unpleasant experience you had during you stay here at the Louisville Airport location. This area is patroled regularly by the local police . I want you to know that we take our guests comments very seriously and will address this issue . Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Couldn't have asked for a better professional person working the front desk. Brenda went above and beyond to help me with anything I could have asked. ex...directions, wake up calls, always having the coffee ready ect.... I had a really great experience with Red Roof Inn and trust me, I travel a lot and Brenda was by far the nicest hostess I have ever came across.

Jane W.

Room Tip: The Superior King is worth the money
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JaneW772

Thank you so much for all the kind words about Brenda, she is one of the best ! We are so happy that your stay was the best that we could make it , and we hope to see you soon on a return visit to the area.