New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport

Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport
Ranked #62 of 94 Hotels in Louisville
Garland, Texas
“Good rate and nice Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Brand new rooms Staff is excellent especially Brenda and Stella very professional and met all my request!! Wow!! Very different that alot of other Hotels!! So nice I am staying 5 nights!!! Really a joy to have such a staff that cares!!

Room Tip: Either Book your Hotel on Hotels.com or get a coupon at the rest area for a great Rate!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
jharris62, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
It is always a pleasure to hear from our repeat guests. Thank you for your loyality to our brand and this Inn. We hope that we will be seeing you again in the near future. Also thank you for letting me know just how helpful Brenda & Stella were and always are.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New Castle, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I live in Pennsylvania and drive to Kentucky to pick up his son for the summer. Generally we drive to and from Kentucky in one day but this time we decided to sleep a night at Red Roof Inn. The check-in process was easy. Reservations were there. (That's always a worry of mine.). The room we stayed in was nice and new. Bed was okay as far as comfort. Nice big tv. Shower and floors were dirty. Now here is my rant.. We were there to get a good night SLEEP. I got about an hour and a half total. This seems to be a local party spot. My dog couldn't seem to relax and neither could I as loads of teenagers were roaming around directly outside of my room, playing loud music in their cars, continually slamming their car doors, and talking and screaming. I went out around 2:30 am to let my dog outside and there were atleast 10 people outside. There is also a waffle house pretty much in the motel parking lot that is open 24 hours a day. Motorcycles drove in and out revving their engines around 3:30 am, and there were constantly people standing around outside the restaurant as well. I am fully aware that this isn't the motels fault, but maybe they should have invested in soundproofing the walls better. When I checked out, no one asked me how my stay was.. Thank god for that. If you're looking for a good nights sleep, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I wanted to apologize for the unpleasant experience you had during you stay here at the Louisville Airport location. This area is patroled regularly by the local police . I want you to know that we take our guests comments very seriously and will address this issue . Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Couldn't have asked for a better professional person working the front desk. Brenda went above and beyond to help me with anything I could have asked. ex...directions, wake up calls, always having the coffee ready ect.... I had a really great experience with Red Roof Inn and trust me, I travel a lot and Brenda was by far the nicest hostess I have ever came across.

Jane W.

Room Tip: The Superior King is worth the money
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JaneW772
Thank you so much for all the kind words about Brenda, she is one of the best ! We are so happy that your stay was the best that we could make it , and we hope to see you soon on a return visit to the area.
Indianapolis< IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Nothing spectacular. Room was clean, bed was ok. The location was great but there was alot of highway noise since it was right next to I65. Consider a room away from the highway. There was no refrigerator, microwave or coffee maker in my room though some have it according to other reviews. This was not a big deal since I only was there to sleep. Coffee was available in the lobby. Also they do not serve a complimentary breakfast however there is a Waffle House in front of the location.

Room Tip: Suggest a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NovTraveler01
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay here with us. I'm sorry that you did not get the upgraded room that had the micro- fridge in but given the chance on a return visit we can make this happen. We want you to feel more like this is not just another Red Roof Inn.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I reserved 2 rooms for our road trip weekend to visit family in Lou-uh-vul. Got a GREAT price with my AAA discount.

Pluses:
- Location: super convenient to the fairgrounds, expo center, the horse track. Still very convenient to downtown.
- The room felt BRAND NEW. Very comfy bed, good sturdy office chair sat well, the flat TV is a good size for the room. The shower was designed for tall people to be comfortable. Obviously, part of the room looking brand new is that it is cleaned meticulously.
- Soft sheets, nice pillows.

Minuses:
- The immediate area is a little bit bare. There's a Waffle House directly in front of the hotel. It was pretty dark at night for about a block in all directions.
- This didn't bother me but some travelers would notice the exterior of the hotel just looks a bit old. I spend my time in the room, so I don't care, but there is a "first impression" when you stop the car here. Don't let it deter you!
- This is so minor, I feel terrible for saying it, but I have to: The free shampoo smelled of old lady. I realize I should travel with my own, really, but I had to get that off my chest.

Another thing that I personally think of as a plus is that this hotel is 100% non smoking. That's great, right? The website for this hotel still sells some rooms as smoking rooms, though.

Personally, I like to check in a place and be left alone until I check out. On this trip I made that easy for the staff, as I mostly just slept there. I'm of the opinion that a hotel shows respect to me as a traveler by keeping the room clean and comfortable, and this Red Roof delivers.

I didn't make use of the free coffee. Breakfast is not offered, probably because of the Awful Waffle in the driveway. There is also a Bob Evans half a block away.

Room Tip: Our rooms were ground floor on the side away from the interstate. I never heard any traffic or other...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MattInTn
We are glad that you liked the new look . We always offer a clean comfortable room and with the new look it is alot eaiser . We hope that when here in the Louisville area that you will stay here with us again.
Fallbrook, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed for the KY Derby and were pleasantly suprised at the beautiful rooms. It is freeway close and handy to Churchhill Downs. Friendly and helpful staff; a great expericnce.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Colleen A
We are so glad you stayed here with us and that you liked our new rooms so much. We hope that you come to the Kentucky Derby again this year and stay here again with us. We love seeing our return guests every year.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have stayed at this Inn twice now and both times were great! The second stay I got a king bed, the room was spacious with a desk which I used as I brought my laptop to do school work on during my stay. The king rooms comes with a small fridge and a one cup coffee maker. I like the location as it is easy access on and off the interstate. The staff is super friendly and helpful! I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo