“Poor Customer Service”

Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport
Ranked #64 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The front desk manager delivered the least helpful service I have ever experienced in the hotel industry. I did not stay at the Red Roof Inn because of it. I would never consider staying at this location in future trips to Louisville. Truthfully, I paid more to stay down the road.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle S

Reviewed December 2, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel every year during our trips to Louisville for the past 5-6 years and have always been very pleased. The staff is always willing to help with any request you may have and very helpful with directions! The room is always very clean. I will continue on staying at this hotel every time I come to Louisville. It has always been a very pleasant stay for all of us!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Driving thru Louisville a few days ago the GPS showed 3 Red Roof Inn locations. I routinely stay in Red Roof as they are usually of consistent quality and often convenient to suitable eateries and on and off the highway. Beware: there is a reason that this Red Roof is at least ten percent less (the evening I stayed) than the other 2 Red Roof Inns in the area. It is situated in what is politely described as a 'rough part of town', and no suitable restaurant that I found for at least a mile. I admit the facility is just off the interstate highway and yet was surprisingly quiet. While the room was close to Red Roof standard, the property was generally run-down and in bad need of repair and upgrade. The bathroom grout around the shower was largely missing and discolored. The toilet while clean was stained and ancient. The Bed was comfortable but the spread was threadbare and worn. I trust you get my thrust: the place has seen it's better days long ago. It was a suitable stay for $50 or so, but I won't stay again at this Red Roof when I pass thru Louisville.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank memjfm1
Reviewed November 21, 2011

After calling to reserve my room at the red roof inn rewards center i figured i would have no problams when i got to the hotel. On arriving i was told that i had no reservations for this hotel. I had a free night with my coupon in hand, the desk person told me that the coupon had already been used, which both of us knew that was not true because you have to turn the coupon in at check in. she called her help desk and told them the problem, they told her that their was nothing they could do for her, she very nicely told them that she was sorry to waste their time. she was very calm and did a great job making sure i was taken care of. Her name was Melissa and i think she did a wonderful job under the pressure. When i did get ahold of the RediCard customer service i was told it was a problem with the hotels system and that it was not their problem which i thought was very rude of them. So thanks, Melissa

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank baerwin67
Reviewed October 7, 2011

So my son had driven 15 hours from Massachusetts and it was time to stop. He had tried the RRI that is about 4 miles northeast, but there, they wouldn't give him the AAA online rate and when he tried to book it online, it was 10 minutes after midnight and they wouldn't let him do it. They couldn't have cared less. Instead, he drove to the next one where the experience was the COMPLETE opposite. The SWEETEST woman was SO kind and he did just fine on the price (well worth the short drive). Very convenient location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was best hotel stay that i`ve had in a long time and i stay in a lot of hotel while on the road as a ministry... From the front desk to the maid service on down to parking spaces ... Me and my son had a great time and would stay at this hotel a 1000 time over...

Room Tip: just look for nice people at the front desk ......
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here a few days ago and the young man working the desk was very unprofessional. His pants were hanging halfway down his legs. All his buddies were hanging around the lobby. After we checked in and came back down, he was standing outside smoking a cigarette the whole time the phone was ringing off the hook (explains why we could reach anybody about the room being dirty). The whole look of the property was dismal. I am sure it's safe to say that drug dealers and hookers make this their home base.
We will never stay at this place again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family