“Great place to stay”

Red Roof Inn Louisville East
Ranked #51 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The staff was very friendly and professional. Bedding and linens were clean and fresh. My stay was extended and they said there was no problem with me staying in the same room.
This was my first time staying at a Red Roof Inn. Because of the excellent service I will consider staying there in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
redroof7034, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to post a review
I appreciate your kind words, and will be sure to share them with my staff
We look forward to seeing you during any future travels to Louisville

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Red Roof Inn East side of Louisville provided good place for an overnight stay. It's nothing fancy but has a great location considering what's close by it. The room was clean and neat. The WiFi is not the best but sufficient. Check-in was seamless and check-out was the fastest ever. Thanks, overall, I might stay here again.

Room Tip: Reviews are very helpful for assessments. Use them and be sure to look at the dates that are represe...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank You for taking the time to post a review
I appreciate your kind words, and I will share them with my staff
We hope to see you again during your future travels

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stay here on a semi regular basis and have found the staff to be very helpful and polite and eager to help solve any issue you have. I have always had friendly service and a clean room. I have seen upset people there but most are expecting Hilton amenities on a Red Roof price. If you are looking for a clean place to stay with friendly caring people and close to restaurants and shopping, this will fill the bill without hurting your pocketbook.

Room Tip: I would but you would have my room when I come back...LOL Rooms 103-5-7 are good rooms. Actually s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob P

Thank You for taking the time to post a review
I am happy to hear that my staff takes great care of you
Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when you come to Louisville
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Not the worst place I've ever stayed at, but bad enough - never again. The clientele is poor, you get what you pay for - noisy neighbors. Their WiFi SUCKS - even standing in the lobby - it kept dropping off. There is nothing IN the lobby, standing room only.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank You for taking the time to post a review
I am sorry that your expreience here did not meet your expectations
feedback from our guest is very important as we strive to improve our services.
it is our hope that you give us the chance to better serve you on your future travels

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was clean (as Red Roof Inns are known for) and in a good location. But that's really all it had going for it. As a traveler, even when I book budget hotels, I am used to having the basic essentials (facial tissue, a hair dryer, an iron/ironing board, coffeemaker), but this hotel had none of them. And the bathroom is teeny-tiny, making it difficult to get dressed when you cannot do that in front of the other folks staying in the hotel. I'd gladly pay $10-$15 more a night next time to have some basic amenities.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
redroof7034, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to write a review,
I would like to take the opportunity to let you know about our deluxe king rooms .
They come with microfridges, coffee makers, hairdryers and irons.
we do have hairdryers and irons upon request at the front desk for all other rooms
I am sorry that you were not informed of this during your stay.
I do hope that you will come stay with us again, and give us the opportunity to better serve you
on your future travels.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Recently stayed for two weeks again while in Louisville on business. I stayed at this location in August of 2012 and February 2013.

I booked through the hotel website for the August 2013 stay and when I arrived to check in had no problems. However, when I went to unload into the room for two weeks I had been given a handicapped accessible room which was very small. It had a small desk, a microwave sitting on top of a small fridge and a very small clothes rack.

Knowing that I was staying for two weeks, this room was totally unacceptable as I needed room to spread out a bit and there wasn't even enough room to hang all of my clothes. I went back to the desk and was told this was the kind of room I'd booked on the website. If so, my mistake. I asked to be moved to a bigger room and Cody was very accomodating, even though it was going to cost a little more (about $5 a night, it was worth it).

I was assigned room 203, which turned out to the be same room I'd stayed in while in town in February 2013. The room is on the second floor and was very clean. They've added an iron and ironing board to the room and during my stay replaced the blue cloth chair with a very unattractive but new tan "pleather" chair. It's in an odd place anyway but it's certainly not attractive and I never sat in it so I can't attest to the comfort of it.

There were no problems with the cleanliness of the room, but it seemed every day the housekeeping staff would not leave something. One or two days they didn't leave new coffee pouches. On many days they did not leave shampoo, which I could make a small bottle last for three days but it was a little annoying to have to go down to the desk in the middle of the night after a 16 hour work day and ask for a bottle when I ran completely out...then have to wait for someone else to be checked in and for a barrage of phone calls to be answered..before the desk clerk could walk me to the laundry room and give me two bottles, supposedly because "they had ran out but a partial truck had arrived that day with more". I had even left a note to housekeeping to please leave some. One day the trash didn't get emptied. One day I was not left clean hand towels. Just minor things but after two weeks they do add up to annoyances.

The commode ran all the time unless you'd jiggle the handle after flushing. I reported it to the front desk after my third night and was told "those things wear out fast but mainteance will be here today so I'll have them come fix it". It wasn't a big deal as I just would jiggle the handle but there were mornings I forgot to jiggle the handle or housekeeping forgot and it would run all day. I imagine the water bill at this property is outrageous if this happens in every room.

Another annoying thing is that anytime you need someone at the front desk you walk there and find the lobby locked and a sign that reads "The desk clerk is out assisting other guests and will be back within ten minutes". One night it was longer than 20 minutes before anyone came back.

They charge you $1.50 a night for the in room safe but if you ask they will remove it at checkout. I did not ever use the safe so I did have the charge removed.

The good things: Room is very clean. The addition of an iron and ironing board is GREAT. To hotel management, thank you for listening to other reviews I've written about this. The location is quiet and safe as well. I never saw any "sketchy" people there and never heard any noise except for one door at a room beside me that squeaked anytime anyone went in or out. Fortunately out of the 14 nights I was there that room was only booked for maybe three or four.

The larger desk area is great for a business traveler. Bed was very comfy as well.

All in all for the price you can't beat this hotel but they do need to work a little bit on housekeeping overlooking some of the minor things.

I'll be back in February and it still remains my go to place for business stays.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank You for taking the time to write a review
I appreciate your comments and your feedback is very important, as we strive to improve the quality of our service.
we look forward to seeing you on your future travels, and it is our hope to better serve you when you return.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This was a great price and location. Near the highway. Everything was nice and clean.
We just needed a place to crash. Nothing fancy.
Bonus: DOGS STAY FREE.
Bring a hairdryer if staying longer.
I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review
I appreciate your comments and we look forward to your return