“Adequate & Clean but the service has dropped since last year”

Red Roof Inn Louisville East
Ranked #47 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Campbellsville, Kentucky
“Adequate & Clean but the service has dropped since last year”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Recently stayed for two weeks again while in Louisville on business. I stayed at this location in August of 2012 and February 2013.

I booked through the hotel website for the August 2013 stay and when I arrived to check in had no problems. However, when I went to unload into the room for two weeks I had been given a handicapped accessible room which was very small. It had a small desk, a microwave sitting on top of a small fridge and a very small clothes rack.

Knowing that I was staying for two weeks, this room was totally unacceptable as I needed room to spread out a bit and there wasn't even enough room to hang all of my clothes. I went back to the desk and was told this was the kind of room I'd booked on the website. If so, my mistake. I asked to be moved to a bigger room and Cody was very accomodating, even though it was going to cost a little more (about $5 a night, it was worth it).

I was assigned room 203, which turned out to the be same room I'd stayed in while in town in February 2013. The room is on the second floor and was very clean. They've added an iron and ironing board to the room and during my stay replaced the blue cloth chair with a very unattractive but new tan "pleather" chair. It's in an odd place anyway but it's certainly not attractive and I never sat in it so I can't attest to the comfort of it.

There were no problems with the cleanliness of the room, but it seemed every day the housekeeping staff would not leave something. One or two days they didn't leave new coffee pouches. On many days they did not leave shampoo, which I could make a small bottle last for three days but it was a little annoying to have to go down to the desk in the middle of the night after a 16 hour work day and ask for a bottle when I ran completely out...then have to wait for someone else to be checked in and for a barrage of phone calls to be answered..before the desk clerk could walk me to the laundry room and give me two bottles, supposedly because "they had ran out but a partial truck had arrived that day with more". I had even left a note to housekeeping to please leave some. One day the trash didn't get emptied. One day I was not left clean hand towels. Just minor things but after two weeks they do add up to annoyances.

The commode ran all the time unless you'd jiggle the handle after flushing. I reported it to the front desk after my third night and was told "those things wear out fast but mainteance will be here today so I'll have them come fix it". It wasn't a big deal as I just would jiggle the handle but there were mornings I forgot to jiggle the handle or housekeeping forgot and it would run all day. I imagine the water bill at this property is outrageous if this happens in every room.

Another annoying thing is that anytime you need someone at the front desk you walk there and find the lobby locked and a sign that reads "The desk clerk is out assisting other guests and will be back within ten minutes". One night it was longer than 20 minutes before anyone came back.

They charge you $1.50 a night for the in room safe but if you ask they will remove it at checkout. I did not ever use the safe so I did have the charge removed.

The good things: Room is very clean. The addition of an iron and ironing board is GREAT. To hotel management, thank you for listening to other reviews I've written about this. The location is quiet and safe as well. I never saw any "sketchy" people there and never heard any noise except for one door at a room beside me that squeaked anytime anyone went in or out. Fortunately out of the 14 nights I was there that room was only booked for maybe three or four.

The larger desk area is great for a business traveler. Bed was very comfy as well.

All in all for the price you can't beat this hotel but they do need to work a little bit on housekeeping overlooking some of the minor things.

I'll be back in February and it still remains my go to place for business stays.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
redroof7034, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to write a review
I appreciate your comments and your feedback is very important, as we strive to improve the quality of our service.
we look forward to seeing you on your future travels, and it is our hope to better serve you when you return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
omaha
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This was a great price and location. Near the highway. Everything was nice and clean.
We just needed a place to crash. Nothing fancy.
Bonus: DOGS STAY FREE.
Bring a hairdryer if staying longer.
I will be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review
I appreciate your comments and we look forward to your return
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Rude staff upon checking in like they were in a hurry to get me out of the office.Room reeked of smoke(non-smoking room).WORST PART I woke up with bug bites all over my arms and neck!! It just wasn't me who had bites my friend had them all over his legs and stomach!Obviously the room was infested if we both had that many bites! Why risk staying here!? Wish someone would of warned me! PISSED OFF!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
redroof7034, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I do want to apologize for the lack of service that you received during your check in.
We take all bug complaints very seriously and have these rooms professionally inspected and treated before renting to another guest. Our licensed pest control contractors found no signs of bugs in this room.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night, which was booked through Hotwire, and when I checked in, I was given a handicapped room (I didn't need it, but I didn't care). The hotel is in a relatively busy area with lots of other hotels and businesses around, so it felt quite safe to me. The interior of the room was very nice, with a large flat screen TV, a mini fridge and a very comfortable bed. Due to being a handicapped room, I had a HUGE bathroom, with a built in seat in the shower, and two shower heads. One was built into the wall, and the other was on a bar so it could be raised, lowered and pivoted so it could be used when seated. The only negative about the shower was that the knob that switches between the two shower heads was very stiff, and realistically could not be used by someone when seated. I was just playing with it and tried to switch between the two, and I couldn't do it even using all of my strength. But irregardless, the bathroom was great. I had not complaints about this hotel and would gladly stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank You for taking the time to write a review
I appreciate your kind words and your comments
We look forward tpo seeing you on your future travels.
Fremont
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our biggest complaint was the first room that we were assigned smelled very strongly like smoke even though it was A non smoking room. The staff tried A air freshener but that did not help. We were given a different room which was much better but still smelled slightly. I think that they had changed the rooms to non smoking and they still smelled from the past. The staff was good and gave us no problems with the room switch.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank You for taking the time to post a review
I am truly sorry for the smoke smell in your room
I do hope you will come stay with us again and give us the opportunity to better serve you.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Construction nearby made access a bit iffy, but this was a nice clean hotel with a reasonable rate. Pet friendly too if you have critters. Though I rated this hotel average, it's probably a bit better than average yet not quite very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank You for taking the time to post a review
We appreciate your comments and hope you come stay with us again if your travels bring you to the area
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The room was clean and convenient to restaurants and a Starbucks. It is about 8 minutes from downtown depending on traffic and most major attractions. Bathroom is a little tiny, but it didn't matter much to us. Beds were comfortable. Only downside was no pool. Didn't matter in our case because it rained on the days we could have swam. It was perfect for our trip!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
redroof7034, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review
I appreciate your comments and will share them with my staff
it is our hope to see you again during your future travels