Red Roof Inn Louisville East
$199
Hotels.com
$114
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskolive gardendog showfirst floorsafe areawould stay againother hotels in the areacheck in was easygreat place to stayvery nice staydays innderby weekendair conditionerexpo centereasy accessmicrowave
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I booked this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews and was still a little scared. It was my husband I first trip out of town since getting married and I wanted it to be great. I booked it because I could afford to stay two nights with their great rates. I was not disappointed. The front desk staff were nice and prompt, the room was clean and newly painted it seemed. The bed wasn't too bad, it was a hotel after all, and we had a microwave and refrigerator in our room. The only reason I didn't rate it higher was because it is kind of difficult to get to, you have to go down the road and make a u-turn, but for the money it was great!! Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Superior King Rooms have a micro and fridge.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2012

First the positive: sparkling clean rooms! I give the housekeepers an A+. Also, the night front desk clerk was very nice and really tried to help us with our air conditioning problem.

We had two rooms for our big family. The one room had a broken thermostat, so the air was either on and very cold or off and the room quickly became very hot. The other room's air conditioner had a broken condenser so it did not cool at all and just blew lukewarm air. The room was sweltering. We got in late and we thought the front desk clerk had fixed the problem by switching the units from winter to summer and the only other room available was a smoking room so we just stuck it out for the night. We did not get much sleep. I noticed that several people had their room doors open so I think several other units were broken. When we checked out the next day, the clerk was extremely apologetic and reduced the price of the rooms drastically.

The clerks said that this property is due for a complete makeover. I think this will be an excellent place to stay once they get new air conditioning units.

The location is in a very nice part of Louisville. I felt very safe. There was a Bob Evans Restaurant within walking distance.

About half of the guests seemed to be construction workers. There were a lot of men barbecuing outside and chatting quietly. They were all well-mannered so we didn't have any problems.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Traveling to Joplin Mo and then to Denver on business so we had alot of luggage and had to beg for a bottom floor but got one. There were a lot of lurkers around, in and out which made you afaid to leave anything in your truck. No refrigerators or microwaves in room...this is unheard of in 2012! Had to pack cooler with ice but had to walk from one end of the hotel to the other to get ice, the one close was out of order. Found a brown recluse spider on the floor under the vanity..and I was bitten by one 8 years ago, I know what they look like. Upside the bed was comfortable..doubt I'd stay again.

Room Tip: If you need a bottom floor room with frig or micro...ask first.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here on our way back home from Myrtle Beach. It was nice and clean. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We were going to our youngest son's home in Indiana and needed a place to stay that was fairly close by. Our new grandson was sick and we needed a place that was clean, nice,comfortable, and easy on our pockets. There was a lady at the front desk named Javen and she was friendly and all smiles and very professional. Thank you Javen. Our room was above board and we needed to take our pet due to having to leave sooner then we had planned. Red Roof welcomes pets !!! No smoking king room and on the ground floor. Fantastic.

Room Tip: We were able to park right outside our room with easy access. There is no breakfast but fine eateries within walking distance.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family