“THIS PLACE IS AWESOME”

Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo
Ranked #27 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed June 11, 2014

i check in the hotel after canceling my reservation to stay the Marriott Courtyard. i was so unhappy with the marriott i had to call back to re reserve my room. Tarha checked me in on the 6th about 8 pm and she was very helpful. i was even able to keep the same rate of 74.99 per night thanks to her. we loved our room so much i went in on sautrday morning and talked to Kimberle and signed up for the Redicard services. she explained to me how it worked and my stay was even added to my account. my room was awesome and the customer service was excellent. i will stay at this red roof any time i am in the area.

Room Tip: always get superior king room it is big enough
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tasha s
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Thank you so much for the great review. It is an honor to be compared to the Marriott. I will be sure to tell Tahra and Kimberle how pleased you were with the service you received.

I am glad you are going to continue staying with us when you are in town. You should check out some of the great museums like The Kentucky Derby Museum, The Louisville Slugger Museum or The Muhammad Ali Museum. They are all within 6 miles to the hotel. If you are a little more adventuresome you might want to try the Zip Lines at the Mega Caverns.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

The room was poorly cleaned. We woke up in the middle of the night and found multiple bugs. Disgusting. It is very hard to go back to sleep after finding them in the bathroom and the bedroom. It is also not in a great area and did not feel terribly safe. This is the worst place we have stayed in a long time. We are highly disgusted and not happy customers. We will be confronting the management in the AM.

We were expecting barebones, but also expected basic cleanliness and not to have bugs possibly hitchhiking in our luggage. Way too expensive to be dirty and bug infested. Also the toilet paper had not been replenished and no spare roll in the room...though that seems minor compared to the lack of vacuuming, dirty sheets and BUGS. Did I mention lots of gross bugs? This place needs major cleaning and to hire an exterminator immediately.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sue D
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

I am so sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Every room on this property is inspected everyday for cleanliness. I am not sure how we missed your room. My staff is empowered to take care of our guest. If you ever have an issue please call down to the desk and we will take care of it immediately. No one should ever have to stay in a room that does not meet their expectations. Please call me at the property so that we can discuss the issues further. Again, I am sorry.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel is well worth the money. My boyfriend and I were looking for a stopover point on our way to Colorado and this hotel fit the bill. The bed was comfortable, the water pressure and hot water were good, and the TV had HBO so we didn't miss Game of Thrones. The Internet is very easy to gain access to and was reliable.

The pillows are rock hard but to me were very comfortable. If you like a fluffy pillow you should bring your own.

I booked on the way in and we arrived around 11 pm. The front staff was very quick and we were in our room in no time.

Room Tip: Doors open to the outside and you can hear people walking outside. Request top floor if that bother...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily R

Thank you so much for the very nice review. We are very proud of our hotel and take pride in the cleanliness. The beds are brand new and are very comfortable. People either love or hate our pillows. I do have a few softer pillows on property if you find the ones on the bed uncomfortable.

I hope you were able to enjoy some of the amenities the city has to offer. The Louisville Zoo and the zip lines are just about a mile from the hotel, Kentucky Kingdom Amusement park is about 2.5 miles and the Louisville Slugger Museum is only about 6 miles away. You can find something new and fun to do every time you visit.

I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Clean, quiet and comfortable bed. This location is the Hallmark of the Red Roof Brand. The driveway entrance from the main road was difficult to find in the dark of night. It is between a gas station and small strip mall.

Room Tip: Room 237 was great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Being the Hallmark of the Red Roof Brand is a very nice compliment. Thank you so much. We are very proud of our hotel and work very hard to keep it clean and comfortable. We are so easy to see from the expressway but we are a little difficult to find when you take the right on to Bishop Ln. It is a small access road named Red Roof Inn Pl. between the Speedway Gas Station and the small strip mall with all of the good restaurants. There is a Bar B Que place, a Chinese, African and Mongolian Restaurants in that little area. Please come back and see us soon now that you know how to find us.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

My family made an overnight trip to Louisville. I checked trip advisor to find a nice place to stay in the Mega Caverns area. This Red Roof Inn had good reviews and the price was right up our alley. When we booked the room I informed them we would be arriving late. I was kind of concerned about whether we would have a room or not since it was around 9:00 pm when we arrived, but we gat the room as promised. The room we had was very clean, and the beds were VERY comfortable. I actually thought the Inn was new and even asked about that at checkout. The lady at the desk informed me that the Inn was over 30 years old and my jaw dropped open. This place looks brand new. The staff I dealt with were very friendly. Great job everyone. Great place to stay!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you so much for the great review. The staff takes great pride in a job well done and they certainly appreciate it when our guest notice. I hoped you enjoyed your time a the Mega Caverns. I heard that the zip lines are incredible but I'm too big of a chicken to try. On May 24th Kentucky Kingdom will reopen with some great water rides and we are only a few miles from there. If you visit Louisville very often you can get a season pass for $69.99 at Krogers and it can be used during the State Fair in August.. I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Just 2-3 miles off I-65, right off the Waterson (264) Expressway. Hotel property is neat and clean. Rooms are in good condition with plenty of hot water and good water pressure. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Recommended a great restaurant, close to the hotel with reasonable prices. Hotel has 3 floors (no elevator) so if you have trouble with stairs ask for a low floor. Far enough off the expressway so there is not road noise yet close enough to be easy to get in and out of - even has a traffic light from their road onto the main road.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room unless you like stairs as the hotel has 3 floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank JohnB37091

Thank you for the very nice review. I am so glad that the staff sent you to a very nice restaurant in the area. Louisville is very well know for it's great restaurants. The next time you stay you may want to go on the Kentucky Bourbon trail. It is a lot of fun and you can see a lot of the country side.

I am so sorry that my staff failed to tell you where the elevator is. At a typical three story Red Roof Inn you will find it in the center of the building in the breezeway.

Please come back and see us soon and enjoy all of the amenities that the city has to offer.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have stayed here for years for the Derby. The hotel is clean and well cared for but the best part is seeing Debbie,Kelli,Rebecca and Magi every year. They know what room I want. Debbie has an awesome staff which is a reflection of her management style. They help with shuttle services and great restraunts in the area. Looking forward to next year. Rebecca already reserved my room.

Room Tip: Superior king rooms have a microfridge. Keeps the beer cold.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you so much for the nice review. It is always a pleasure to see old friends at Derby time. I will be sure to tell Magi, Kelli and Rebecca how much you appreciate their hard work. It is nice to hear that Rebecca already made your reservation for Derby 2015. I hope you were able to enjoy some very good restaurants or maybe The Kentucky Bourbon trail while you were here. I am looking forward to seeing you in 2015.