“A winner for the Kentucky Derby!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds

Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds
Ranked #20 of 94 Hotels in Louisville
“A winner for the Kentucky Derby!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I had mixed feelings about booking this hotel, but the reviews swayed me toward it. We had originally planned to stay at a swanky downtown hotel, but it was going to cost well over $3000 for 3 nights. We paid over $300 a night for this hotel, but it was far less expensive so we could actually enjoy ourselves at the racetrack. Location was great, staff was helpful, and the rooms were updated and immaculate! We were so close to Churchill Downs that we didn't pay a ton for cab fare, either. This Red Roof was my one winning pick of the racing weekend!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
DRG1957, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I'm so glad that you decided to place a safe bet on us. We are very proud of our property and I think I have the best staff around. You can reserve your next Derby Trip today and not have to pay for it until March 2014. Thank you!

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The front desk clerk, Kimberle, was extremely accomodating. The hotel room was clean (I usually do a "finger test" for dust and ALWAYS look at the floors). It is a smoke free hotell and I appreciate that very much! The rooms look like they have been recently re-decorated very tastefully. This was my second time staying at this hotel, and I must say, my other experience was just as wonderful. Since my daughter goes to college nearby, we will be staying there whenever we are in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
DRG1957, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for the very nice review. Kimberle is a very good employee and takes very good care of our guest. I'm so glad to hear that you do a white glove inspection and found our rooms to meet your standards. My housekeeping staff work very hard. I look forward to seeing you again when you come to visit your daughter.

Brazil, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very nice, friendly at both locations. I left my credit card at the airport location by mistake and Brandon called to reassure me he had secured it and Kimberle calmed me as I got to the Fair grounds location and couldn't find it. Both places were nice clean facilities with great staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
DRG1957, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the very nice review. I will certainly let Brandon and Kimberle know how they made you feel. We do have some great employees at the Red Roof Inn. Come back and visit us again very soon.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was in Louisville on business and stayed at this location for one night. Was very pleased, the front desk person was very friendly and professional. My room was clean and quiet. Check in and check out were quick and easy. My bed was comfortable and the TV was easy to operate. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
DRG1957, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. My staff works very hard to provide exceptional service. They enjoy hearing that a guest has noticed. Please come back and visit the nex time you find yourself in Louisville.

Williamstown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here a couple of years ago and noted some improvements:

Pros-Extremely clean and updated amenities (except heating/cooling unit); good water pressure; good customer service from employees; plentiful parking.

Cons-all rooms have outside entrance and since the building is smoke-free, all the smoking guests lurk around outside in the parking lot or outside the room entrances, making it a bit awkward and creepy; no in-room coffee makers or hairdryers.

My room was exceptionally clean and well-appointed. My neighbors were having "a bad day" and consequently were in and out of their room, smoking, fussing, and in generally being noisy which continued late into the evening. This was the "luck of the draw" (I could have asked for a different room but I really didn't want the inconvenience, so I just suffered). I didn't feel unsafe, I just didn't sleep well due to the commotion going on outside my room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs toward the end of the building, away from the stairwell.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review. I am very proud of my staff. They work very hard to ensure that everyone has a clean comfortable room. You may want to try our superior king room in the future. It has a microfridge and coffee pot in the room. I look forward to serving you again soon.

Geneal Manager
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way to Ohio. Check in was easy, the room was very clean and up to date with large flat screen TV and comfy bed. Wi-fi worked well, so no problems. We would stay again if we came through Lousiville again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We take great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the flat screen TV's. Please come back and visit us soon.

Gary, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

On a stay at this red roof inn I and club members were in town for a Louisville MOTORCYCLE FUNCTION. At checkin 2 ladies took our info and took care of us in a professional manner. Humor was great also. On returning to the hotel which states..{No SMOKING IN THE ROOMS..AND IF YOU DO THERE IS A $250 CLEAN UP FEE} so on our return there was nobody in or around the area as of yet! So we stood out on the Balcony to take a smoke. When we hear screaming from the parking lot (we were on the 3rd floor) Get back in your room. ! gentleman replied I'm smoking a cigarette. She replied SMOKE IT & GET BACK INSIDE YOUR ROOM!!! She left..then appeared on our floor to repeat hershelf also bringing the lil security boy in tow.. Then she told him he had long enuff time to smoke his cigarette and he had to go in his room or else she was calling the police!! Then she called Police stated..( A black man with a white t-shirt on was loadly yelling off the balcony at everybody) Fact is when he was talking to her..we could not hear her from the distance... But the fact to tell a paying customer? Grown men that YOU CAN'T SMOKE IN YOUR ROOM AND YOU CAN ONLY SMOKE 1 CIGARETTE IN A SHORT TIME OR ELSE I'LL CALL THE POLICE!! Also as he runs up the stairs jumping in our faces as we're some lil boy thugs starting fite... we were merely 3 grown men trying to enjoy a vacation with a smoke..Tanya was the name of the girl in question. Very PREJUDICE TWARD ME & OTHER GUESS I NOTICED..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I am so sorry that my desk clerk handle the situation in an unprofessional manner. If you and your friends were being a liitle loud she should politely asked you all to keep it down so that oher guest were not disturbed. It was very nice to hear that Rebecca and Kimberle took good care of you and that you liked our new rooms. Please come back and give us the opportunity to serve you better.