“Good for An Overnight” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Williamstown
“Good for An Overnight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here a couple of years ago and noted some improvements:

Pros-Extremely clean and updated amenities (except heating/cooling unit); good water pressure; good customer service from employees; plentiful parking.

Cons-all rooms have outside entrance and since the building is smoke-free, all the smoking guests lurk around outside in the parking lot or outside the room entrances, making it a bit awkward and creepy; no in-room coffee makers or hairdryers.

My room was exceptionally clean and well-appointed. My neighbors were having "a bad day" and consequently were in and out of their room, smoking, fussing, and in generally being noisy which continued late into the evening. This was the "luck of the draw" (I could have asked for a different room but I really didn't want the inconvenience, so I just suffered). I didn't feel unsafe, I just didn't sleep well due to the commotion going on outside my room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs toward the end of the building, away from the stairwell.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review. I am very proud of my staff. They work very hard to ensure that everyone has a clean comfortable room. You may want to try our superior king room in the future. It has a microfridge and coffee pot in the room. I look forward to serving you again soon.

Geneal Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way to Ohio. Check in was easy, the room was very clean and up to date with large flat screen TV and comfy bed. Wi-fi worked well, so no problems. We would stay again if we came through Lousiville again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We take great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the flat screen TV's. Please come back and visit us soon.

Gary, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

On a stay at this red roof inn I and club members were in town for a Louisville MOTORCYCLE FUNCTION. At checkin 2 ladies took our info and took care of us in a professional manner. Humor was great also. On returning to the hotel which states..{No SMOKING IN THE ROOMS..AND IF YOU DO THERE IS A $250 CLEAN UP FEE} so on our return there was nobody in or around the area as of yet! So we stood out on the Balcony to take a smoke. When we hear screaming from the parking lot (we were on the 3rd floor) Get back in your room. ! gentleman replied I'm smoking a cigarette. She replied SMOKE IT & GET BACK INSIDE YOUR ROOM!!! She left..then appeared on our floor to repeat hershelf also bringing the lil security boy in tow.. Then she told him he had long enuff time to smoke his cigarette and he had to go in his room or else she was calling the police!! Then she called Police stated..( A black man with a white t-shirt on was loadly yelling off the balcony at everybody) Fact is when he was talking to her..we could not hear her from the distance... But the fact to tell a paying customer? Grown men that YOU CAN'T SMOKE IN YOUR ROOM AND YOU CAN ONLY SMOKE 1 CIGARETTE IN A SHORT TIME OR ELSE I'LL CALL THE POLICE!! Also as he runs up the stairs jumping in our faces as we're some lil boy thugs starting fite... we were merely 3 grown men trying to enjoy a vacation with a smoke..Tanya was the name of the girl in question. Very PREJUDICE TWARD ME & OTHER GUESS I NOTICED..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I am so sorry that my desk clerk handle the situation in an unprofessional manner. If you and your friends were being a liitle loud she should politely asked you all to keep it down so that oher guest were not disturbed. It was very nice to hear that Rebecca and Kimberle took good care of you and that you liked our new rooms. Please come back and give us the opportunity to serve you better.

Davenport, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Finally! A room that makes sense! Instead of dark, sometimes questionable carpet, this hotel has light hardwood floors with a large rug under the beds, and a power strip attached under the night stand. How many times do you have to search for the few open outlets in a hotel room so you can charge your computer, phone and camera? What a pleasant room to stay in. I can see why it has a high rating for the Louisville area. This hotel is a hidden gem. It's not located at a major interstate intersection with every other hotel chain around it, but it is conveniently located right off of I-264. The property is quiet and well kept, and the front desk staff friendly and helpful. Having stayed at Red Roof's before, I knew to ask for a blow dryer upon check in. The room safe is an added bonus. If we ever return to Louisville again, I know we will stay at this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for writing such a nice review.We love the new floors also. I think most of ou guest are going to enjoy the extra power strip too. It makes it easier to use your cell phone at night.. The next time you are in Louisville be sure to give us a call. We look forward to seeing you again.

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four nights with a friend. The front staff was very friendly and efficient. The room has been recently redone. Laminate floors, nice pillows, comfortable beds, flat screen television, good pressure and temperature in the shower. Prompt elevator for third floor rooms. We were in town for a dog show so we had dogs with us. Adequate space for walking dogs. Three ethnic restaurants and a convenience store within walking distance. Hotel is a short, convenient drive from both the Kentucky Fair and Expo Center and the Louisville Airport. It's also only about 7 minutes from downtown Louisville.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a very nice review. We are very proud of our recent renovation. Please come back and see us again soon.

General Managr
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stay here every year when I attend a local militaria antiques show...the Show Of Shows...held in Louisville every year. This is a great place to stay. It is right off the highway, with restaurants within walking distance. There is also plenty of parking. The rooms are great and comfortable. Debbie, Rebecca, and the whole staff was great. My two rabbits like it too. The only concern I haveis that they charge you every day for a room safe....even if you don't use it. Check this on your bill before you pay, so that they will take it off. Other than that; two thumbs up!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marc C
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. We always look forward to seeing you each year for the show. I'll be sure to show the review to Rebecca. It's always nice to see that someone appreciated the service that we provide. It was a pleasure talking with you again this year, you always make me laugh. I look forward to seeing you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

As the others have said, the place is in great shape and has beautiful hardwood floors along with the modern deco in the rooms. I have no problems at all with the quality of this place. My only notes would be for those traveling are to bring your own hair dryer, iron and board, and only 2 towels in a room with two beds? They did have a microwave and fridge, along with a safe, but my wife didn't bring a hair dryer, and hotel was out of the ones they keep up front. What we assumed would be available was not. We were a bit surprised by this, but maybe it's typical for this chain, or the direction of hotels. Otherwise, a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DRG1957, Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed the new look of the hotel. We are very excited about it also. The housekeeping staff works very hard to ensure the rooms are clean. You are right most Red Roof Inns do not have hairdryers or irons and ironing boards in each room. We do have a limited number of those available at the desk. We are adding new amenities evey year so hopefully we will have them one day.