“Up On The Roof....The Red Roof”

Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo
Ranked #35 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stay here every year when I attend a local militaria antiques show...the Show Of Shows...held in Louisville every year. This is a great place to stay. It is right off the highway, with restaurants within walking distance. There is also plenty of parking. The rooms are great and comfortable. Debbie, Rebecca, and the whole staff was great. My two rabbits like it too. The only concern I haveis that they charge you every day for a room safe....even if you don't use it. Check this on your bill before you pay, so that they will take it off. Other than that; two thumbs up!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marc C
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. We always look forward to seeing you each year for the show. I'll be sure to show the review to Rebecca. It's always nice to see that someone appreciated the service that we provide. It was a pleasure talking with you again this year, you always make me laugh. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

As the others have said, the place is in great shape and has beautiful hardwood floors along with the modern deco in the rooms. I have no problems at all with the quality of this place. My only notes would be for those traveling are to bring your own hair dryer, iron and board, and only 2 towels in a room with two beds? They did have a microwave and fridge, along with a safe, but my wife didn't bring a hair dryer, and hotel was out of the ones they keep up front. What we assumed would be available was not. We were a bit surprised by this, but maybe it's typical for this chain, or the direction of hotels. Otherwise, a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
DRG1957, Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I am so glad that you enjoyed the new look of the hotel. We are very excited about it also. The housekeeping staff works very hard to ensure the rooms are clean. You are right most Red Roof Inns do not have hairdryers or irons and ironing boards in each room. We do have a limited number of those available at the desk. We are adding new amenities evey year so hopefully we will have them one day.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

During a recent business meeting I stayed at this Red Roof Inn. Everyone was very friendly and the room was clean. I stayed in their single room, the king bed was comfortable and the room was extremely clean. They don’t have a business center but the front desk clerk let me print my boarding pass. If I’m in Louisville again, I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. My staff tries to take care of our guest needs. I hope you will be able to come back for another visit soon and check out all of the great things to do in Louisville.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first overnight trip to Louisville. I stay with Red Roof Inn on most of my overnight trips. I have to say once again they didn't let me down. The front desk staff Kelly and Becky was very accommodating and helpful with directions. The housekeeper Blanca cleaned my room and it was spotless. I will definitely stay again when in Louisville.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I will be sure to share your comments with Kelli, Becky and Blanca. It always makes them feel good when someone notices what an awesome job they do. Please come back and visit again soon. Louisville is a great place to visit. We have all of the amenities of a big city with the feel of a small town.

Genal Manager

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I don't generally stay at Red Roof Inn because of past experiences and am a bit of a "hotel snob". My husband got 2 certificates for 2 free nights at a Red Roof Inn and thought we should take advantage of it. He told me to find one in Louisville and I chose this one based on TripAdvisor reviews.

The room must have been recently remodeled. It was spotless. It was nicely decorated.

My biggest complaint would have to be that there was only one coffee cup and no coffee in the room. Hubby ran down to the desk to get me some though so I still was able to have my hot coffee in the morning. The next day there we 2 new packets of coffee and 2 cups. In fact, the room looked better on our second day than it did the day we checked in.

This is located in a very quiet area. There is nearly no place to eat but that also meant that there was little traffic and no noise. I felt safe. There is plenty of wonderful places to eat though not too far away.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I enjoy reading the reviews and try to provide great service every day. I am sorry that a staff member forgot to put coffee packs in your room. If you ever have an issue at Red Roof Inn please don't hesitate to call the front desk and they will try their best to solve any issues you may have. Please come ack and visit again soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My first trip to Louisville and I picked this hotel based on location of where I needed to be and based on reviews on red roof inn website. We really enjoyed our stay! I loved the room design (superior king), the bed was comfy, free wifi with L shaped desk was nice. Shower was strong, TV had good selection of channels. Room was very clean. Location is very close to walmart, starbucks, local food up one exit - really close to everything you need. I would stay here again if I ever make it back to Louisville.

Room Tip: Rooms are very good. A very calm and peaceful place to stay.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raj G
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. My staff tries their best to provide a clean comfortable place to stay. We are centrally located to most things in the city. Most of the attractions and interesting places to eat are with-in fifteen minutes of the hotel. Please come back and visit with us soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had hoped to get one of the other hotels for the night, but they were full. We took a chance - not knowing -but it was our time to get lucky! The room was nice, the receptionist at the front desk was very nice, and we extended our stay and extra night. I would recommend this to any travelers who are cost conscious, but who like nice places.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Fair And Expo, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. My staff and I have a passion for service. I am so glad you enjoyed our nice new rooms. Please come back to visit the next time you are in Louisville.