A two room King Suite with two flat screen televisions, excellent WiFi, highly functional bathroom with separate vanity, at AAA rates, cost my family $308 for two nights. Results will vary by family, but let’s do a little math on this one.
Drury Inn and Suites in Louisville is the Grandmother of Hotels. They will not let you go hungry. Go to their place and one can gorge themselves with all the popcorn and soft drinks one can consume from 3:00 to 10:00; the next day one can wander down to a breakfast spread of sausage, gravy, eggs, biscuits, seasoned potatoes, fruits, piping hot oatmeal with toppings of brown sugar or raisins, and plenty of orange juice in which to wash it down. Then from 5:30 to 7:00 PM EST, seven days a week, there is a pretty decent dinner served that can include pasta, chicken, baked potatoes, nachos, chips, and more. And all these extras are free (or included in the room rate).
So, let us say that one has a family of four (again, these estimates will vary per family) consisting of two parents and two children. And let us say one goes next door to the Olive Garden. At $15 per meal including drinks, it would be easy to drop $60 plus tip on that family. (Sure, the pasta at OG might be tastier than what the Drury serves up, but at what cost?)
Let’s say your family instead would like to eat at McDonalds. At $6 per meal, that is $24 per dinner. Breakfast would be around $15, conservatively, at the Golden Arches. Long math short, if you choose the Drury Meal Plan, that is a savings of $39 to $75 (again conservatively) per day. That would adjust your true room rate to approximately $75 to $110 per night. Knock out the breakfast of which other hotels offer, and you still are looking at $90 to $125 per night for a hotel that is as wonderful and friendly as all the other reviews on Trip Advisor indicate. Not a bad deal.
The only negative to this hotel is the location just off Hurstbourne which is ultra-busy most of the time. Traffic is really bad. On the other hand, if one isn't worried about the money or traffic, every imaginable restaurant is within three of four miles. Access to interstate 64 is very close as well.
Head to the lobby, eat up, and enjoy the savings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites Louisville East is located off I-64 in the Hurstbourne area, an east Louisville suburb just 20 minutes from downtown Louisville, the Louisville International Airport and The Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs. Guests enjoy a free, hot breakfast every morning and free hot food every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). Cold beverages are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Louisville East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Louisville Hotel Louisville
- Drury Inn And Suites Louisville
- Drury Inn Louisville
- Drury Louisville
- Drury Inn Hotel Louisville
- Louisville Drury