“Very well remodeled hotel.”

Drury Inn & Suites Louisville East
Ranked #21 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel isn't new, but has been nicely remodeled. I stayed there for 3 nights for a training course for my work. There isn't a lot within walking distance to do, but it's only a short drive to most anything you'd like. None of the restaurants nearby are open past 10 pm. The staff was friendly, breakfast included scrambled eggs; sausage patties; oatmeal & cereal; biscuits & gravy; yogurt; apples; bananas; make-your-own bagels, toast, & waffles; OJ & Apple juice; coffee; tea & milk. I didn't have the opportunity to try the "kick-back." My only complaint was that I stayed in a room that was on the 3rd floor positioned in the lobby atrium, so I was disturbed by the nose of other guests laughing & talking in the lobby area. (They weren't being obnoxious, the sound just carries. Maybe I'm just sensitive, but if I stay here again, I'll ask if a room is available further away.) I felt very safe staying here alone. The iron & ironing board were nice & useful as I wore business attire that didn't travel well. They do have laundry that I didn't use & cannot comment on. The complimentary soaps are in the bath in dispensers, for ladies I'd suggest bringing your own which I did, I don't know what brand they are. The pool & fitness facilities appeared nice, but I didn't have the opportunity to use them. All & all I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I were to spend time in Louisville.

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Louisville East

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed over the weekend of "Thunder on the River". The room was clean, quiet and we enjoyed the breakfast. The only hiccup was when the room key was mistakenly deactivated, the staff quickly corrected the error. We had a great time visiting Churchill Downs, Jim Beam, the Science Center, Louisville Slugger, and watching the fireworks and airplanes.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed the weekend of the Kentucky Derby and although the hotel was full the staff was amazing. The manager was great. Continental breakfast was good and rooms were clean. The hotel is in a great location. It took about 15 mins to get to Churchill Downs and about 30 minutes to get to the Casino.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Staff was really friendly, esp the gals in the dining area! Room was clean, and while the hotel is on the old side, the rooms were up to date. I do wish that the pool had longer hours but we understand that they per KY law they need an attendant. As always the breakfast, kick backs and soda and popcorn were much appreciated!

Room Tip: we loved that our suit's bedroom had no windows! Nice and dark!
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed over spring break the first full week of April. The staff was amazing. The free breakfast went until 10AM on weekends and 9:30 on weekdays with kickback food and drinks again at 5:30. Walking distance to Jimmy Johns, Olive Garden and Starbucks. Only a few minutes from the Oxmoor mall and a lot of shops around the hotel as well. Right off the freeway. We loved our stay and would go back again.

We requested a room away from the atrium for noise control and were in 315 which was a two bedroom suite.

1  Thank Holly G
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Affordable and offers tons of extras. Free parking, wifi, popcorn/pop everyday from 3-10, continental breakfast, and evening kickback at 530 with lots of food. Dining times can get busy but the staff went above and beyond to make sure all guests were served and happy. We appreciated how helpful and friendly all of the staff was, even when dealing with issues (which we observed). Pool was indoor/outdoor and both sides were taken advantage of, pool attendant on duty all 3 times we used it. We have stayed at a Drury before and will again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank asbs44
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very nice - I saw them go way out of their way for some other guests. Nightly kickback is always nice - certainly gets busy, though right at 5:30. They do open up their conference room for extra seating. Pool was half indoors/half out. Temps got decently warm on our stay, so it was fine. The best advantage this hotel offers is the little things and nice service.

• Stayed: April 2013