“Great Visit”

Ranked #21 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Guelph, Canada
“Great Visit”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

First time staying at a Drury Inn and Suites would recommend this location. The staff were all friendly, pool was nice, Very dog friendly each time we met someone in the elevator or hall staff or other guest they always stopped to say hello to my puppy. Breakfast and dinner were wonderful and the smell of the popcorn was an added bonus as I walked towards the lobby. My room was clean and keep well stocked with towels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Came to Drury Inn & Suites after Holiday Inn across the street lost our reservation. Taylor at the front desk went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Breakfast and dinner were both good. Indoor/outdoor pool was also a nice surprise. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mattheel
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here this past weekend. We had a King bed two room suite. We were both impressed and WILL be staying here again. I would have given it five starsif we didnt hear the loud heating/ac units outside our window all night. Other than that little gripe all was wonderful. The 5:30 "Kickback" is a nice touch!! We were in room 204.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 25, 2013

First time staying at a Drury. Room was clean and away from the atrium which was nice. However the towels seemed to be old and worn down...very rough on the skin. And as a woman, you like to pack light, so I did not bring a hairdryer, wish I had. They need to update their hairdryers. Haven't used a squared headed hairdryer since 1985! My only other complaint was during breakfast and evening snacks/drinks. They always seemed to be out of something, whether that be ice, certain foods, etc. Now it was a busy weekend, lots of volleyball teams and people in for concerts. I would have thought they would have planned accordingly for that. It seemed to extremely congested in the breakfast/snack area during those times as well. This hotel was ok...I may stay there again, not sure. The location was perfect though for our visit.

Room Tip: make sure you request a room away from the atrium...the atrium area is very noisy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I sincerely apologize that you had some concerns during your recent stay at our hotel in Louisville, Kentucky. We value your business and regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved. We always appreciate your comments as this will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service. You can be assured that we have already taken steps to get these items corrected so that you and our other guests get the absolute best service and quality during your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Andrew Woodruff
Bangor, ME
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My two kids (10 and 17) and I stayed here in a 2 room suite for one night. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. There were no blankets for the pull out couch and when I called down to the front desk to ask for some, she found a blanket and said we could come and get it. In the past I have called front desks of other hotels needing something, they had a staff person run up whatever I called for. Obviously this was not a huge deal.

We enjoyed the night time snacks and free fountain soda... And 50 cent margaritas! The free hot breakfast was a nice break for my wallet.

Louisville has an ordinance that requires a lifeguard to be present to swim or use the hot tub, so you have to call the front desk and ask them to send a lifeguard if you want to swim. They were very quick and friendly about it both times, but it's still awkward to have to call and swim knowing that the person sitting there has other things to do other than sit there bored.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kentucky
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Traveling with my husband, and Golden Retriever, we just checked into this hotel, and I'm SO impressed that I wanted to write this review immediately. We've only recently tried traveling with our dog, and haven't been sure what to expect with "pet-friendly" accommodations. This is our second stay at a Drury Inn, and this hotel is even better than the previous one, which was nice too. The lobby and room are very, very nice. Our room is VERY attractive, and as well appointed as some "higher end" more expensive hotels we've stayed in. Our room is also EXTREMELY clean, if you have feared "pet-friendly" because of that concern. This would definitely be a hotel we would return to on future visits to Louisville. Good job, Drury Inn Louisville East!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 20, 2013

On business trips to Louisville this has become my go to place to stay. Located just off of I-64 close to my office it is a nice clean hotel. Mattresses are firm and comfortable. Always clean hotel. Pool likes nice though I have never used it. Nice small social time each evening. Make your own waffles for breakfast!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business