“Liked it so much the first time, We decided to try again”

Drury Inn & Suites Louisville East
Ranked #20 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Saint Paul
“Liked it so much the first time, We decided to try again”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

On our way down to Myrtle Beach, We stayed at the Drury Inn in Indy, and loved it. On the way back, we stayed at the one In Louisville. We got a suite this time. Talk about spacious. About two hours into our stay, front desk called us and asked if everything was to our liking.
The only bad thing we can say is that the air condiitoning had a very musty order to it. Smelled like someone had smoked in the room even though it was a non smoking room.
But if you are looking for value with great customer service. I highly recommend this chain. I wish they would expand to the upper midwest. They would give the country inn and suites a run for their money

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I have nothing but praise for this Hotel and it's staff. The staff are REAL friendly people they do not seem to force a smile and be nice to you because they have to. Our A/C went out in the middle of the summer with heat indexes reaching 110 degrees. I have a small pug and had to find a hotel room fast. I booked through Priceline and called the Drury Inn minutes later and they had my reservation and room ready. I have had experiences were a hotel would have to search for my booking. I got there and asked for a late checkout because the repairman was not going to show until 5:30PM the next day. They let us stay until 4PM!! I travel a lot and have never been accomodated like this. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. I am very picky about hotel rooms and everything was clean, even the bathroom vents which many hotels overlook. Thanks Drury Inn from turning a disaster into a nice little getaway!! You are officially my emergency hotel if anything happens at the house.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Haven't stayed at a bad Drury yet. Very friendly staff and accommodating. When I checked in, there was a cheaper room available that had just become available and the told me about it as I checked in. They could have not told me but they did. Fantastic! Nice clean room and over all hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank mhelke
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We had a nice stay at the Drury Inn. However, my husband and I were on our getaway date, so the family-friendly atmosphere took away from our romance...not the hotel's fault, it was our first time staying there so we weren't quite sure what to expect. We wanted to stay in the East End of Louisville to be close to everything, and I think the location of the hotel is superb. The movie theater and the malls are right around the corner and of course a ton of restaurants to choose from nearby. The hotel staff is friendly and willing to make your stay comfortable. If you're in a dire need for a workout though, don't expect much from their fitness area. They just have a few treadmills.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Erie Pa
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Stayed here for one night on family vacation to tour University of Louisville. We stayed in a 1 bedroom king suite. Safe parking, nice area outside of downtown Lousiville. Employees very friendly and helpful. Food and drinks at 5:30pm and in the morning for breakfast. Nice touch. Popcorn machine daily also. Rooms newly redone. Small fridge and microwave in room.

Michigan
Reviewed June 24, 2011

This Drury has been remodeled and now has big, flat-screen TVs and updated furnishings. Rooms are usually super-clean, though on this visit a housekeeper had left a cleaning rag on the counter. (When I returned it to the front desk, the clerk said "oh.") The pool is nice and well-maintained and staffed, and the front desk people range from competent to the best ever. Most other staff members are friendly, too. The free breakfast is nice, though more varied fruits would be a welcome addition. The rooms get sufficiently dark with blackout curtains and the rooms are pretty quiet. This location seems to have a lot of groups---older adults on a bus trip, athletic teams, church trips, etc. which can sometimes make things a bit hectic. I haven't had the evening snacks, but they sound good. The "free" alcoholic drinks nightly do have a token charge because of state laws. As with other Drurys, there is free wireless and long distance calls. Room amenities are minimal: a single shampoo/conditioner (rather than separate products) and no hand lotion. Room rates seem significantly higher than before the evening snacks were added. Still, this is one of my favorite places to stay in Louisville, and is a good location if you'll be in the east end of town. And if you're going downtown, you're near a freeway for a reasonably quick trip.

1 Thank GPsy
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Let me start by saying I stay at the drury (not this one) a few times per week. I'm starting out with the bad. There was a knock at my door in the afternoon and as i was walking towards the door thinking it was my girlfriend the house keeper just walks in unannounced and got to see me completely naked A.K.A. full monty. Then a couple minutes later knocks again to give me a phone book saying i called down for it. I spoke to the manager about it and he acted like so what. During breakfast i had to ask 3 times for things and when i asked for sugar for coffee she said "she thinks" someone is getting it....THINKS. after a few minutes i went through cabinets and drawers and found it..PURE LAZINESS. There was also a water leak next to breakfats that they used a large garbage carrying bin with popcorn and other junk on the bottom floating around, disguisting.
The rooms are great. I was in 434 and was very pleased except that i can hear the kids running up and down the stairwell.
Would I stay here again. NEVER, it was my first time and i usually stay across the street or downtown with never a problem. Would i say someone else should stay here, Yes. Just as long as you dont mind the lack of detail. oh yeah and ask for a low floor room cause ive seen a new bottle of Ketsup pour faster than these elevators.

1 Thank SalonJunkie73
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
I sincerely apologize that you had some concerns during your recent stay at our hotel in Louisville Kentucky. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved. We always appreciate your comments as this will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service. I can assure you that I have already taken steps to assure that this is corrected so that you and our other guest's get the absolute best service during your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Drury Inn & Suites Louisville Management Team