“Time for a review update - and an upgrade!”

Candlewood Suites Louisville Airport
Ranked #59 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Clayton, Missouri
“Time for a review update - and an upgrade!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here October 11-14. This place DOES IT RIGHT. It's clean, convenient, very comfortable. The staff are so very nice. The workout room is great, the Cook's Cupboard is very helpful and convenient, and free washers and dryers made our stay just that much more comfortable! And did I say CLEAN? This hotel is scrupulously clean! And I'm pretty persnickety... This is a wonderful hotel value!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side of the building, away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank StLMomma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
North Carolina
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This Candlewood was better than many of the others I have been to. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating and the rooms were well-styled and comfortable.

My only concern was the slight smell of smoke in the air. We had a young child in our group and we were concerned about the air quality.

The rooms were free of any residual smoke and had most of the appliances most people could need for an extended stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently stayed at Candlewood Suites Louisville Airport. The desk was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel was clean, room were spacious and comfortable. You have to make reservations at least 2 months in advance for Kentucky Derby or KY State Fair and the rates go up tremendously at all hotels in the area.

We liked the this hotel as it is off the highway and very quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have been a guest at this property for three months and have been very satisfied with most of the guest services representatives; however, I cannot say the same about the management team. Ten days ago, I began smelling cigarette smoke in my room. I immediately reported it to a guest service representative and she came to my room and was able to smell the same odor. The cigarette smoke has continued to fill my room every morning and every night and despite my numerous complaints the smoking has continued! I have notified four guest services representatives and three of the four have come to my room to confirm the smell. Despite my numerous complaints, the management team only contacted me after I emailed them demanding that this situation be handled. I received a note from the GM stating that an investigation was completed and that they were unable to determine where the smoke was coming from. The best part about their investigation is that they never came to my room during the times that the smoke was being detected! It's almost day 11, and I am curious to see how much longer management will ignore me and subject me to the offensive odor of smoke, which irritates my allergies, while I continue to pay for my stay. If you are bothered by the smell of cigarette smoke, do yourself a favor and stay at another hotel.

Room Tip: I am not sure that the location of the room matters if you are subjected to the foul odor of cigaret...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sapphirevirgo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear sapphirevirgo,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

I am disappointed to hear that we have failed to exceed or at least meet your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort caused by the cigarette smell in your room and the lapse in service you have encountered. We value the negative comments, so kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Thank you again for posting your comments. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manger
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hard to find hotel with was close to a trucking company with trucks in and out and running their engines all night. Needless to say the stay was not good. After arriving late in the night, the room was with hair in the bed and the television was on a channel that would not turn nor the volume could be lowered. Just a bad stay in Louisville. The room smelled like a dog had been in the change room, but after getting off a ten hour road trip, this was not what one would expect to get a few hours of sleep. The check in person nor the check out person was friendly at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WorldTraveler19999
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Louisville Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear WorldTraveler19999,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for we fell below your standards on our level of cleanliness and sorry for the issues you had with the television. We regret the poor experience and the lapse in service during your stay.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
pittsburgh
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I loved the free laundry and friendly helpful staff at this looks like new full kitchen extended stay hotel.

I assumed the place was new because it has the "new construction smell" but it turns out to be four years old.

full size fridge. icemaker dishwasher toaster utensils and dishes coffee maker

comfy sealy bed with soft smooth sheets

SOFT WATER excellent water pressure

Candlewood is a GREAT value and is turning into my favorite chain! I cooked four excellent meals for me and my girl and saved over $100 in restaurant expenses!

BOOK IT NOW!

Room Tip: as usual ,I asked for a ground floor room near a side exit
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Okay - this has got to be one of the best brands out there for limited service.

IHG's Candlewood well compares with similar (and more costly) Marriott options.

This hotel had free breakfast, which was awesome. I loved the coffee selection, and what a selection!

Free guest laundry. Free game and movie rental... gosh... everything is included in the price! During the week they even offer a light 'manager's reception' of food too... but we visited over the weekend. Too bad.

This place is built as an extended stay concept and for mostly families and business clients.

Loved the hotel, loved the staff. The fireplace was cozy and welcoming.

The rooms were very nice. The dishwasher in our room felt like it would fall out, but an easy maintenance fix. Forgot to report, but with luck the management will see this and have housekeeping start checking their rooms and report along when discovered (we were in a room at the end of the hallway, on the first floor… sorry, cannot remember the room number). The bed was comfortable, and fixtures and other furniture felt sturdy and comfortable as well.
We have stayed a few times now, and will book again when we next visit my ‘in-laws’.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family