“Great place to stay....”

Candlewood Suites Louisville Airport
Ranked #69 of 99 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I had to stay here for two week on a business trip. I had to pay all expensed up front so being a single mother with little money this was a great place to stay because I was able to buy and cook my own food so it saved me a lot being able to prepare my own meals and not have to eat fast food every day. The place was very quiet and I was able to get good sleep. The place has an outdoor gazebo where you can even grill yourself a healthy meal. They have an onsite laundry facility that is FREE which made it even better. I will definitely stay here again even if on a pleasure trip.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Even though this is an extended stay hotel I only needed a room for one night and this was convenient to where I was working. This wasn't the nicest Candlewood I've ever stayed at but it wasn't bad. The neighborhood isn't all that nice but it's only a few miles away from Bardstown Rd. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortalbe and the in room wifi worked great.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jerseyguy405
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I've stayed at Candlewood Suites in other cities and this one is on par with the others. Good, but not great. As with many Candlewoods, one good thing is offset by a bad thing. Great bed, awful pillows. Close to airport, but not a great area. Lots of room, high traffic furnishings, etc. You could do much worse, decent value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank YepBeenThere
Reviewed September 27, 2010

This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suites, but I certainly not my last. I was looking for somethng close to the event I was attending and after reading some reviews on Candlewood I decided to try them. So glad I did. The facillities were in good shape, friendly staff and loved their Country store with competitive prices (not the usual hotel rip-off) and a "honor system" payment box. The full kitchen allowed us to eat in the room thus saving at least $150.00 or more in restruants.
I travel often and unfortunately Candlewood Suites are not everywhere, but when possible I will be using them from now on.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LarryD379
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Stayed here with the Britsh Forces for 4 weeks and the hospitality that we received was second to none. The facilities are excellent, the staff are helpful and the manager organised a beer and pizza night for us. The hotel is in easy reach of the clubs and pubs and restaurants and the mall isn't too far away either. Brilliant staff and a comfy hotel with free internet, gym and washing.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We stayed here two nights while visiting family. I will definitely be back! The hotel is rather fresh and new - looks well-kept. Our room was a smoking room, as per our request. No extra wear & tear to the room though, as is sometimes the case with a smoking room. I applaud Candlewood for offering smoking accommodations. The staff was very warm and friendly, both at check-in and check-out. The Candlewood Cupboard is a very nice feature. The hotel location is very convenient, with easy on-off highway access. The bed was very comfortable and the linens are excellent as well.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2010

The employees that were checking in guests were friendly & went above the call of duty in tracking down hypo-allergenic pillows for me & another guest. The hotel was quiet. I checked out early in the morning before the front desk opened. I easily found a checkout envelope with my name on it which made the checkout process easy. I liked the convenience store that allowed me to grab breakfast items & pay with cash. There was a good variety of snack food items. I enjoyed my stay at Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo