“disappointed”

Ranked #26 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Lynn Haven, Florida
“disappointed”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Of the Hamptons I stayed in on this trip, this was the most disappointing...when I got to the room and found a roughly 2' x 2' table instead of a desk, with NO chairs I called the front desk. Their solution was to send up two "stacking chairs" like the ones used in banquet meeting rooms. Uncomfortable to say the least. When I was checking out the next morning and saw inside a couple of open rooms, there were nice comfortable looking armchairs. When I questioned a young man who apparently worked there as to why I had stacking chairs in my room, the excuse was simply that "they were being cleaned"..... my feeling was that the room I was assigned to was not adequately furnished and should have been taken off the "available" list. This location in general lacked the quality that I had come to expect as a norm from Hampton. In fact for the following night, I chose a different chain....

Room Tip: Look into the room before you accept the assignment. Ask for a different room if it is not satisfact...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank George J
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input and are sorry for the condition in which you found your guest room. We agree that lacking major furniture pieces, we should have pulled the room from our availability and apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort this may have caused you. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area. Please contact me personally if I can be of service to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Southern Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel is well located to I-71 and I-265. It's about 15-20 minutes from downtown. We chose it for the price and the fact that we were headign north-east from Lousiville. We were offered a lower rate than we booked for at check in which was such a nice touch. The room was clean, well appointed and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was good and the staff very helpful. I would recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel. We appreciate you sharing your experience, and thank you for allowing our team to be host you. Please contact me if I can be of service to you.
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Beautiful hotel on beautiful grounds! Staff very receptive and friendly. Check-in was quick and efficient.

The hotel is set next to a little water reservoir. There is a pathway that goes the whole way around and is excellent for an evening stroll. The ducks can be very entertaining. There is also a nice seating area near the pool with lots of foliage and flowers.

Room and bathroom were very clean; fridge and microwave in room were nice. Only issue was that the internet was very slow, but we have noticed the same at many Hampton's.

Would definitely stay here again if we were in the area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JennLa729
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We strive to provide a warm, welcome and hospitable experience, and it's nice to know when we've done well. We appreciate you allowing our team to be of service to you. Thank you also for your feedback about the internet; we are committed to resolving any concerns regarding the internet, and will definitely use your feedback to help us towards that end. Again, thank you for sharing your experience. Please let me know if I can be of service to you.
Illinois
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights and it was wonderful. The breakfast was great. They always have coffee and cookies sometimes. The rooms were great the bed comfortable. Check in was super easy. for being right on the interstate we never heard a single road noise. Very pleased with our stay

• Stayed June 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I booked this hotel last minute and pleasantly suprised at the reasonable rate. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, the coffee was hot and the price was right. It's a bit of a drive from downtown, but there are several restaurants in the vacinity and it's right off of the interstate. My one complaint was the wifi was amazingly slow, but overall, it was a nice stay and I'd stay here again if I'm back in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank A1ManWolfPack
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Make sure you read EVERY single line when booking your stay. My friend and I booked a 1-night stay for May 19th and paid for the stay in advance. Plans have recently changed and we no longer need the room. Because we planned ahead and wanted to pay for the room in advance we CANNOT CANCEL the reservation although we are trying to cancel it over a week in advance. So make sure you read every single line because trying to be proactive and plan ahead doesn't count for much here. We have not even gotten there yet and are already not looking forward to the trip.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Chris B
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Good evening, Chris. Thank you for sharing your feedback concerning your upcoming reservation.

I can certainly understand the frustration you've experienced in trying to cancel this advance purchase reservation. The terms of the program do not allow much room for cancellations, and I can appreciate the inconveneince this can cause. We would be more than happy to speak with you about this and see if we are able to resolve your concerns. Please feel free to call Matthew, our assistant general manager, at 502-327-8880 at your convenience.

John Morton
Creswell
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We recently were in Louisville for a family members wedding. We reserved a room at the Hampton Inn for the evening of the wedding. Check in wasn't until an hour after the wedding was to begin. We had a 3 hour drive to Louisville, and I wasn't looking forward to spending the whole trip in our wedding attire. I called the morning of the wedding and requested an early check in, Kay was so nice and quickly confirmed an early check in for us! The hotel is super clean, the staff super nice and helpful! Our room was clean and comfortable! Breakfast the next morning was very plentiful, they offered waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, fried potatoes, bagels, sweet rolls, cereal and of course juice, milk, and fresh coffee. There is also a spacious dining room with plenty of seating! When it comes to dining and shopping options, there are many to choose from! Also, Shogun Japanese Steak House is right across the drive from the Hampton Inn. We enjoyed dinner there after the wedding. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a great stay!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family