SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North
Ranked #36 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice stay”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Location is convenient to many businesses but about 3 miles from the major highway (traffic to get to the highway around 6-7AM gets congested and the traffic lights are not timed well in my opinion). There are a few restaurants within walking distance but most are a mile or more away. Property is clean and quiet - staff was friendly and accomodating. (Housekeeping left a "bunny" made of rolled towels and candies for eyes, mouth on my bed which made me smile after a long day!!) Room was comfortable but a bit on the small side in some areas - toilet very close to tub - foot of bed close to closet door. Couild not see TV from work desk placement - however the room included an oversized computer/food table by the couch which was very convenient and very welcome! Would reccommend and say here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank UTCFan
LouisvilleSpringHill, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for making the time to share your experience with people that use TripAdvisor when making hotel decisions. Your recommendation of our hotel and your comments about the experience you had is very important to me, and I really think our potential guests depend a lot on what they read in on-line reviews. I am glad to know that you will choose our SpringHill when travel brings you back to Louisville.

Kindest regards,

Carri Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had some family members stay at the hotel because it is close to my home in Louisville I was at the hotel often to visit with them and the staff is very nice and welcoming when you walk in the front door my family also enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning they will be staying at the springhill on future visits and has also help them decide to make Marriott their choice of hotel brands when traveling in the future thank you Springhill for helping my family enjoy their stay in Louisville

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
LouisvilleSpringHill, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Sara,

Wow! What a nice review. Thank you so much for choosing our location for your family, and for telling the world how much you like the hotel. Your feedback is so important to me, but also means so much to our team; we have your letter posted on our bulletin board for everyone to see. We get so pumped when our guests make us their hotel of choice for travel to Louisville.

Thanks again & all the best!

Wellington Florida
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This was our first experience staying at a Springhill Suites Hotel. This Louisville location was great for our needs. It was away from major highways and down the street from many local, popular spots. The rooms are large, comfortable bed, breakfast was different everyday offering many items, the front desk staff was all helpful, friendly and very professional offering excellent customer service. Highly recommend...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Joe & Kay,

Thank you so much for making the time to share your experience with TripAdvsor. Your recommendation of our hotel and specifically your amazing comments about the area and our associates is so important to me, and I really think guests depend a lot on what they read in on-line reviews. I sure hope you will choose our SpringHill when travel brings you back to Louisville.

Kindest regards,

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband, daughter, and I stayed here for 5 nights. We pretty much hate staying in hotels for more than 2 or 3 nights and usually can't wait to get home. We found our room to be surprisingly roomy and comfortable. We did not get the usual claustrophobic feeling. It was also very cheerful and extremely clean. It was helpful that their were two adjoining areas - one for sleeping and one with couch and tv. There was also a separate area with a desk. My daughter was able to do her homework while we watched tv in the next room. I also appreciated the fact that the shower and toilet were in a separate area from the sink/vanity. That way one person could get ready at the vanity while another showered. The shower was clean and had great water pressure and ample hot water. There was a good sized refrigerator that actually kept things cool, unlike the refrigerators we have used in other hotels.
All of these things are issues we usually have with other hotels and we stay in many.

On a side note, Deanna (worked at the desk) was so kind and actually drove my daughter and I to our tennis match after we locked the keys in our car. We would have been disqualified and my daughter would have missed the match. She was in tears. I think Deanna is an example of the hospitality and kindness that we have generally found in the people of Louisville.

While we greatly appreciate what Deanna did, we are giving the Springhill suites a good review on its own merit.

We will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LouisvilleSpringHill, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Kelly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful message about our hotel, and Deanna. Deanna is a dear friend, and someone that I hope to always have in my life well after she is finished with school and moves on to her true profession. It will not surprise you to know that I did not even know that she had made the time to take your daughter to her match. Deanna has the humble heart for service that is so special, and I am so happy that she helped make it possible for her to get to the match.

Your endorsement on TripAdvisor is very important to our hotel. Thank you again for the review and I look forward to sharing your feedback with my team. We look forward to hosting you again when you are in Louisville.

All the best, Carri
Kentucky
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel is a nice suites hotel, but it is noisy. There were groups staying there both nights and the walls are very thin. The lobby was always very crowded and noisy because of the groups. The room next to us were a bunch of teenage girls and we could hear every word they spoke. We turned up the TV to hide the noise they made. They settled down at 10:45, otherwise we would have called the desk. The rooms have a sitting area but the TV is shared by that room and the bed room so they are really not separate.

Room Tip: We were on the end of the building down next to McAllisters. It was ok. I had trouble getting inte...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for making the time to share the details of your stay with me. Your feedback is very valuable to us and helps us to continuously improve. I really apologize that you experience noise from outside of your guestroom, and hope that you might stay with us again when your travel brings you to Louisville. Thank you for choosing our hotel.

Kindest regards, Carri
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I frequently stay at many of the Marriott group of hotels. This newer Springhill Suites on Hurstborne Rd in Louisville KY was close to shopping, dining, major highways, and yet still a nicer office park quiet feel. The free breakfast buffet was nice and the room was a nice size.
However, I discovered in the morning that I could hear every foot stomp above me as others got ready for the day and every door slammed in the hallway. I could clearly hear the vacuuming in the room next to me as the cleaning crew began their work around 8:00 am on a Sunday. In addition, the air conditioner/heater unit blasted straight onto one side of the bed and was difficult to set to a constant temp. Next time I will stay at the Courtyard up I 64 instead-even without the free breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor. At least you will not hear others walking over your head in the morning.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LouisvilleSpringHill, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear SpringHill Suites Guest,

Thank you very much for making the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am happy to know that the room and breakfast and hotel location were a great fit for your visit for Louisville. I really apologize that you experienced noise from outside of your room. In our pre-shift this morning we will review your feedback with our Guest Room Attendants and remind our team that early morning work must be completed as quietly as possible. Thank you again for your review and for staying with us.

All the best,
Carri
Arkansas
Reviewed November 2, 2012

First hotel room we ever booked with Priceline smartphone app. About an hour away, got a room for 52.00 plus tax. Hotel is in nice area. Attractive property. Room was clean...not a single carpet stain.
Bruce, at checkin, could not have been more pleasant.
Had a restful, enjoyable stay.
Breakfast was okay. Oatmeal was downright nasty, but probably because we didn't make it down until 9:00 am.
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
LouisvilleSpringHill, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear SpringHill Guest,

I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, and I will make sure that Bruce knows of the positive impact he made on your stay. I am also going to share your nice comments with the housekeeping team, they really do work hard to make sure that our rooms look great for each and every guest. Thank you so much for making the time to tell people that visit Trip Advisor about our hotel. I know I always look to Trip Advisor for guest reviews before my family and I choose a hotel, and your great rating means so much to me.

All the best,