“OK - not the Embassy!”

SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North
Ranked #32 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel is a nice suites hotel, but it is noisy. There were groups staying there both nights and the walls are very thin. The lobby was always very crowded and noisy because of the groups. The room next to us were a bunch of teenage girls and we could hear every word they spoke. We turned up the TV to hide the noise they made. They settled down at 10:45, otherwise we would have called the desk. The rooms have a sitting area but the TV is shared by that room and the bed room so they are really not separate.

Room Tip: We were on the end of the building down next to McAllisters. It was ok. I had trouble getting inte...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
LouisvilleSpringHill, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for making the time to share the details of your stay with me. Your feedback is very valuable to us and helps us to continuously improve. I really apologize that you experience noise from outside of your guestroom, and hope that you might stay with us again when your travel brings you to Louisville. Thank you for choosing our hotel.

Kindest regards, Carri

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I frequently stay at many of the Marriott group of hotels. This newer Springhill Suites on Hurstborne Rd in Louisville KY was close to shopping, dining, major highways, and yet still a nicer office park quiet feel. The free breakfast buffet was nice and the room was a nice size.
However, I discovered in the morning that I could hear every foot stomp above me as others got ready for the day and every door slammed in the hallway. I could clearly hear the vacuuming in the room next to me as the cleaning crew began their work around 8:00 am on a Sunday. In addition, the air conditioner/heater unit blasted straight onto one side of the bed and was difficult to set to a constant temp. Next time I will stay at the Courtyard up I 64 instead-even without the free breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor. At least you will not hear others walking over your head in the morning.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
LouisvilleSpringHill, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear SpringHill Suites Guest,

Thank you very much for making the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am happy to know that the room and breakfast and hotel location were a great fit for your visit for Louisville. I really apologize that you experienced noise from outside of your room. In our pre-shift this morning we will review your feedback with our Guest Room Attendants and remind our team that early morning work must be completed as quietly as possible. Thank you again for your review and for staying with us.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

First hotel room we ever booked with Priceline smartphone app. About an hour away, got a room for 52.00 plus tax. Hotel is in nice area. Attractive property. Room was clean...not a single carpet stain.
Bruce, at checkin, could not have been more pleasant.
Had a restful, enjoyable stay.
Breakfast was okay. Oatmeal was downright nasty, but probably because we didn't make it down until 9:00 am.
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
LouisvilleSpringHill, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear SpringHill Guest,

I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, and I will make sure that Bruce knows of the positive impact he made on your stay. I am also going to share your nice comments with the housekeeping team, they really do work hard to make sure that our rooms look great for each and every guest. Thank you so much for making the time to tell people that visit Trip Advisor about our hotel. I know I always look to Trip Advisor for guest reviews before my family and I choose a hotel, and your great rating means so much to me.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed in this property while traveling with 16 college students. The staff had the rooms ready within minutes and were extremely courteous to my group. There were other groups at the property over the weekend, but the coffee station was kept in good order and breakfast offerings refreshed frequently. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. I will definitely book groups here again and will likely return on my own if I need a hotel in that part of town. I particularly appreciated the friendliness of the staff - not everyone smiles when 16 students and their frazzled "handlers" walk into the lobby.

Some train noise from my room, but nothing terribly disturbing.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sara,

I am so happy to know that your group had a great stay at our SpringHill Suites. We really do enjoy hosting groups, and I will makes sure that our front office team knows of the positive impact they made by making you feel welcome. Thank you so much for making the time to tell people that visit Trip Advisor about our hotel. I know that many people do a lot of homework before deciding where to book a group of rooms, and your 5 of 5 rating means so much to us!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here for a night while on the bourbon trail. It was a very nice place, staff was very friendly, and the breakfast was good. Very convenient to many great restaurants nearby in a very nice area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Kevin,

I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our SpringHill Suites while visiting the bourbon trail. I will make sure to tell our team of the positive impact they made on your trip, just by being friendly. I am hearing more and more about people that are including a visit to "Bourbon Country" on their list of great getaways. Thank you so much for making the time to tell people that visit Trip Advisor about our hotel and your visit to the bourbon trail. Your 5 of 5 rating is so important to our hotel.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here and did the Bourbon Trail, visited Churchill Downs and hung around town. The location is ideal and in a great a neighborhood. The free breakfast was plentiful, (ok, but could have been better) but big enough you could find something to eat.
Lots of great local eating places within a few miles.
Very happy with this hotel and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear SpringHill Suites Guest,

I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our SpringHill Suites while visiting the Bourbon Trail and Churchill Downs, what a beautiful time of year to visit these great attractions. Thank you for making the time to mention our great location, and I appreciate your feedback on our breakfast. I am excited to share that Marriott is making some exciting changes to the SpringHill Suites Breakfast, so it will be even more enjoyable for our future guests. Thank you so much for making the time to tell people that visit Trip Advisor about our hotel and our amenities. I really think your 5 of 5 rating means so much to potential guests who are looking for a hotel in Louisville. I'm glad you will include us in your future Louisville travel plans.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here three nights while visiting family. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast is better than most with many options. I used the gym which is adequate. We would definitely stay here again and would suggest it to anyone wanting to stay in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
LouisvilleSpringHill, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Louisville Hurstbourne/North, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear SpringHill Guest,

I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our SpringHill Suites while visiting your family. Thank you for making the time to mention our staff, complimentary breakfast, and our gym too. I will make sure to tell our associates that of the positive impact they made on your trip. Thank you so much for making the time to tell people that visit Trip Advisor about our hotel and our amenities. Please come back and see us when you visit your Louisville family again.