“Long term stay best ever at a Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Louisville Northeast
Ranked #46 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Long term stay best ever at a Residence Inn”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I am on the road about 200 days per year and majority of the time I stay in a Residence Inn or some extended stay hotel. My favorite hotel by far is the Residence Inn hotel to stay in. However, my experience here at the Residence Inn Louisville NE has been the best by far. From the day I checked in the staff has been very friendly. I have received several packages throughout my stay here and the staff would not only call to let me know that it was there but they offered to bring it up to my room. Also, on days when the package would arrive before I got back to the hotel they would hand it to me on my way up. Now this surprised me because of all the guests that stay here they actually knew my name and would just say "we have a package for you today without me asking". Let me tell you that is impressive considering how bad I am with names. Also, I have stayed in many hotels where I have to call them and ask if I have received any packages. Everytime I walk through the lobby they speak. The staff talks to you. Most hotels I stay in I am processed just like a number but this staff has taken the time to get to know me. My room was cleaned very well and bed made up so nicely. They would even clean up my personal mess sometimes. Very nice and spacious rooms for a long term stay. And let me tell you they are dressed very nicely as everyone wears suits. This is a very professional establishment. I have never written a review about any hotel I have stayed in but felt this staff warranted a review. If I could give them a 10/10 I would. Not to mention the breakfast was good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and this staff separates themselves from the other hotels I have stayed in. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank richard16johnson
ResidenceInnGMKY, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Richard16Johnson!

It was so good to have you here with us! You became like family! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Many travelers before choosing a hotel will always look at Trip Advisor before making a decision.

We look forward to welcoming you back!
Leah Goebel-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Staff was very friendly and accommodating! Rooms were clean and cozy. Breakfast buffet was average. Hot food was "warm" and had little flavor. Stick with the fresh fruit, cereal and breads. Will definitely return.

L P,

Thanks for your feedback! After we read this we decided to order all new chaffing dishes on our breakfast buffet. You better believe next time you visit us there will be HOT breakfast food and not just luke warm! Thanks again for the feedback!

See you soon!
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I was very pleased with my stay. I find it very difficult at times to find hotels that can accomidate my family of 6. This Residence Inn was able to accomidate us with a room for my entire family. The staff has been AWESOME. They bend over backwards to help with any needs we had. The breakfast every morning was wonderful. My daughter who has wheat gluten allergy even commented that there were plenty of good items for her to choose from. Thank you so much to the entire staff of the Louisville Kentucky Residence Inn, you guys were great.

• Stayed August 2012
PoolSpaDr!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. In our busy world, I know it's hard to find time to write a review, especially a positive review!

We look forward to welcoming you back!
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am a member of Marriott rewards, I love Marriott hotels, I try to stay at Marriott every time we can, is usually a guarantee of good quality and comfortable beds, the hotel is well maintained it was nice to have a full updated kitchen and seating area, but what a nasty bathroom... as soon as we open the bathroom door we saw a ball of hair on the floor and a stain of dry blood as well, it was so disgusting, we didn't even bother telling the front desk at that moment, we thought what are they going to do? clean it and that is it???, so my husband cleaned it, the point is this property needs to have quality control with their housekeeping, honestly a ball of hair on the bathroom floor and dry blood stain unacceptable for a Marriott hotel. We told the front desk when we checked out about the hair in the bathroom and they say oh OK but every thing else was OK? I hope the front desk tells the manager about the lack of cleaning in the bathroom. Very good location close to shopping and dinning, it is a shame that the impression of such a dirty bathroom will prevent us from staying here the next time we visit Louisville.

1 Thank Mariacjones
ResidenceInnGMKY, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear mariacris,

I am quite embarassed about your recent experience at the Residence Inn. I want to sincerely apologize that this happened and am quite shocked. We have some of the best housekeepers. Each room is supposed to be inspected by a manager before the room is "flipped" back to vacant and ready to sell to the next customer. I am going to review our housekeeping inspections and follow up. I would appreciate it if you would call me directly at 502.412.1311 or email me at leah.goebel@whitelodging.com so I can get more information about your stay such as your name and room number. This will help me determine who I need to have further training with. Thank you for expressing your concern. I can assure you I will immediately address the above mentioned.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family and I were in Louisville attending the National Street Rod Association car show and we stayed at the Residence Inn Louisville Northeast. I was impressed with the hotel and my room. The staff was very accommodating and even helped us with suggestions on where to park our truck and trailer. The room was clean but the bed seemed smaller than the queen, but that was ok. We had a minor problem with the AC being on full blast, and the maintenance person was right on it and took care of it timely and was extremely professional. It was convenient for us to have breakfast at the hotel versus going out to eat every day. Don't expect a full sit-down breakfast, just waffles, toast, cereal, meat of the day, juice and milk which was enough for me for breakfast and better than going out every morning and spending money for a full sit-down breakfast. The fitness room was clean and the machines were working properly. I liked their treadmills with the TV's on top and the pool was in good condition. The hotel was close proximity to a Meijer grocery store, Panera Bread, Subway and a Cinemark Theatre. Overall, I would recommend the hotel to people looking for a place to stay in Louisville. It was a good place to stay and the staff was very courteous and professional. A word of advice to people traveling with trailers, their front lot is not big enough to accommodate trailers and RV's and DO NOT PARK YOUR VEHICLE IN THE TUMBLEWEEDS PARKING LOT!!! IT WILL BE TOWED!!! Park your vehicle and trailer in the lot behind the Courtyard by Marriott which is behind the Residence Inn and request a room in the back of the building so you can see your vehicle and trailer.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a trailer, DO NOT PARK IN THE TUMBLEWEEDS PARKING LOT!!! Your vehicle wil...
Dear KStep029!

So glad you got to come and enjoy Louisville while having fun at the Street Rod Show! It's always so much fun for us to see all the neat cars that come roaring into Louisville during that weekend!
I am glad you got to take advantage of our free hot breakfast and exercise room. And great tip about the parking! There is actually a much bigger lot behind us that is GREAT for trailors.

See you next year and Thanks again!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 5, 2012

STAYED 18 DAYS!!! I have traveled all over the world and this was hands down the best hotel (home away from home) I have ever stayed in. The hotel was fresh, clean, homey! The staff was courteous, professional and caring. If you need a place to stay when you're on the road for work or a place to stay when you get a chance to get away from work, this is it! I will recommend this to anyone visiting Louisville KY., business or pleasure. Thanks for making me feel at home!! Your staff from top to bottom was Great!!

Room Tip: 2ND floor, if you are staying any length, the guest laundry service is very nice!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank glenn b
Glenn B!
So glad to hear you call us your home away from home! We strive to make that experience happen for each and every guest! After all, you are family!! I have shared your great comments with my staff and they were thrilled!

Come back "home" soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. The staff was helpful and very friendly, rooms clean and spacious, and they have free access to a full service gym down the street, which is great even though the hotel exercise room is not bad (cardio machines, dumbells and a bench). Conveniently located to shops and restaurants.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dc2011dc
ResidenceInnGMKY, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear DC2011dc!

I am so glad you were able to take advantage of the Louisville Athletic Club while you were here! It's one of the best full service gyms I have been to! Come back soon and visit us often!