“Dirty bathroom YUCK!!!”

Ranked #43 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Dirty bathroom YUCK!!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am a member of Marriott rewards, I love Marriott hotels, I try to stay at Marriott every time we can, is usually a guarantee of good quality and comfortable beds, the hotel is well maintained it was nice to have a full updated kitchen and seating area, but what a nasty bathroom... as soon as we open the bathroom door we saw a ball of hair on the floor and a stain of dry blood as well, it was so disgusting, we didn't even bother telling the front desk at that moment, we thought what are they going to do? clean it and that is it???, so my husband cleaned it, the point is this property needs to have quality control with their housekeeping, honestly a ball of hair on the bathroom floor and dry blood stain unacceptable for a Marriott hotel. We told the front desk when we checked out about the hair in the bathroom and they say oh OK but every thing else was OK? I hope the front desk tells the manager about the lack of cleaning in the bathroom. Very good location close to shopping and dinning, it is a shame that the impression of such a dirty bathroom will prevent us from staying here the next time we visit Louisville.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mariacjones
ResidenceInnGMKY, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear mariacris,

I am quite embarassed about your recent experience at the Residence Inn. I want to sincerely apologize that this happened and am quite shocked. We have some of the best housekeepers. Each room is supposed to be inspected by a manager before the room is "flipped" back to vacant and ready to sell to the next customer. I am going to review our housekeeping inspections and follow up. I would appreciate it if you would call me directly at 502.412.1311 or email me at leah.goebel@whitelodging.com so I can get more information about your stay such as your name and room number. This will help me determine who I need to have further training with. Thank you for expressing your concern. I can assure you I will immediately address the above mentioned.

Leah Goebel-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family and I were in Louisville attending the National Street Rod Association car show and we stayed at the Residence Inn Louisville Northeast. I was impressed with the hotel and my room. The staff was very accommodating and even helped us with suggestions on where to park our truck and trailer. The room was clean but the bed seemed smaller than the queen, but that was ok. We had a minor problem with the AC being on full blast, and the maintenance person was right on it and took care of it timely and was extremely professional. It was convenient for us to have breakfast at the hotel versus going out to eat every day. Don't expect a full sit-down breakfast, just waffles, toast, cereal, meat of the day, juice and milk which was enough for me for breakfast and better than going out every morning and spending money for a full sit-down breakfast. The fitness room was clean and the machines were working properly. I liked their treadmills with the TV's on top and the pool was in good condition. The hotel was close proximity to a Meijer grocery store, Panera Bread, Subway and a Cinemark Theatre. Overall, I would recommend the hotel to people looking for a place to stay in Louisville. It was a good place to stay and the staff was very courteous and professional. A word of advice to people traveling with trailers, their front lot is not big enough to accommodate trailers and RV's and DO NOT PARK YOUR VEHICLE IN THE TUMBLEWEEDS PARKING LOT!!! IT WILL BE TOWED!!! Park your vehicle and trailer in the lot behind the Courtyard by Marriott which is behind the Residence Inn and request a room in the back of the building so you can see your vehicle and trailer.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a trailer, DO NOT PARK IN THE TUMBLEWEEDS PARKING LOT!!! Your vehicle wil...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear KStep029!

So glad you got to come and enjoy Louisville while having fun at the Street Rod Show! It's always so much fun for us to see all the neat cars that come roaring into Louisville during that weekend!
I am glad you got to take advantage of our free hot breakfast and exercise room. And great tip about the parking! There is actually a much bigger lot behind us that is GREAT for trailors.

See you next year and Thanks again!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 5, 2012

STAYED 18 DAYS!!! I have traveled all over the world and this was hands down the best hotel (home away from home) I have ever stayed in. The hotel was fresh, clean, homey! The staff was courteous, professional and caring. If you need a place to stay when you're on the road for work or a place to stay when you get a chance to get away from work, this is it! I will recommend this to anyone visiting Louisville KY., business or pleasure. Thanks for making me feel at home!! Your staff from top to bottom was Great!!

Room Tip: 2ND floor, if you are staying any length, the guest laundry service is very nice!
1 Thank glenn b
Glenn B!
So glad to hear you call us your home away from home! We strive to make that experience happen for each and every guest! After all, you are family!! I have shared your great comments with my staff and they were thrilled!

Come back "home" soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. The staff was helpful and very friendly, rooms clean and spacious, and they have free access to a full service gym down the street, which is great even though the hotel exercise room is not bad (cardio machines, dumbells and a bench). Conveniently located to shops and restaurants.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dc2011dc
ResidenceInnGMKY, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear DC2011dc!

I am so glad you were able to take advantage of the Louisville Athletic Club while you were here! It's one of the best full service gyms I have been to! Come back soon and visit us often!

Road Warrior
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Spent 3 night here on a work assignment and was pretty pleased. I paid $89 AAA rate which I thought was a decent deal, not spectacular or anything but fair enough.

This looks like it is an older property that underwent a room renovation fairly recently. I had a normal queen bed room that was pretty spacious, clean and comfortable. The carpeting had a few stains and the furniture was a tad beat-up but not too bad. I saw someone complained about the bed being too hard, I found the bed to be pretty comfortable, I think it was a pillow-top, foam mattress, it was a little firm but I still slept well. The appliances in the room were older but worked well, loved having a dishwasher that was a BIG plus. You can go to the Meijer grocery store across the street and get groceries and cook them in your room if you wish. Also the hotel will do the grocery shopping for you if your not able too and charge it to your room, I didn't use this feature but I thought it was a nice touch.

I liked the central air conditioning the rooms have, most hotels have those window type ac units which are moldy and noisy so I thought the central air was awesome here, much more comfortable.

The hotel is in a great, safe location, tons of shopping and restaurants close, even have a Panera Bread just a couple feet away. The hotel parking lot was filled to near capacity every day so parking seemed somewhat limited but the spaces themselves also seemed maybe a little larger then the normal space too so you don't have to worry about door dings and such as much.

Wireless Internet worked well, at 1Mbps download speeds it wasn't the fastest but the connection was solid as a rock.

Front desk folks were friendly and professional, I liked they were always dressed for success, not wearing daisy dukes, flip flops and a tshirt like many other hotels I have been too front desk staff do...lol.

Couple minor things I didn't care for were that the sink is located outside the bathroom and the exhaust fan is loud and connected to the bathroom light ,so when someone gets up to go to the bathroom at night the other person gets woken up due to all the noise from the fan.

Other then that I thought the place was very solid and I would return if the price was right.

1 Thank AlCzervik1
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone! The rooms are beautiful, fully equipped, and feel like home! The staff is amazing! My husband, son, and I have been staying here for 3 weeks, and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Although it is not our home, it has felt like a second home! The rates are extremely reasonable, and it is a safe environment. They had amenities such as a basketball court, pool, and grill area! The location is superb! It's in close proximity to shopping, dining, and groceries!
If we ever need a hotel in the Louisville area again, I can assure that Residence Inn Louisville NE will be where we stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor in a one room suite- and also a 2 room suite on the first floor.. we pre...
2 Thank Crysta E
Dear Crysta E!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about your stay here! Most people use trip advisor to determine on a hotel before they book. Comments like your help travelers pick the Residence Inn Louisville NE while traveling to Louisville! I have shared your comments with my staff and we look forward to welcoming you back "home" soon!

Sincerely-
Tinley Park, IL
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here with a family of five and we fit comfortably in the room (two kids on sleeper sofa and one on a cot that the hotel provided). The entire property is clean and well maintained. Everyone is very friendly and accommodated our every request. Even the maintenance man was friendly and greeted us every time we walked past him! Pool area is very nice. Breakfast was great - eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fruit, etc. The area around the hotel is a large shopping center with a Target, restaurants, etc. but the hotel is off to the side and away from most of the busy traffic. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jason_Tinley_Park
Jason_Tinley_Park!

So glad you and your family were able to enjoy our amenities while you were here! Our rooms are 50% larger than the traditional hotel room so they are perfect for families traveling together!

We appreciate your great comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Louisville soon!