“Nice residence inn”

Residence Inn Louisville Northeast
Ranked #44 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed one night. The staff was helpful and very friendly, rooms clean and spacious, and they have free access to a full service gym down the street, which is great even though the hotel exercise room is not bad (cardio machines, dumbells and a bench). Conveniently located to shops and restaurants.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dc2011dc
ResidenceInnGMKY, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear DC2011dc!

I am so glad you were able to take advantage of the Louisville Athletic Club while you were here! It's one of the best full service gyms I have been to! Come back soon and visit us often!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Louisville Northeast

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Spent 3 night here on a work assignment and was pretty pleased. I paid $89 AAA rate which I thought was a decent deal, not spectacular or anything but fair enough.

This looks like it is an older property that underwent a room renovation fairly recently. I had a normal queen bed room that was pretty spacious, clean and comfortable. The carpeting had a few stains and the furniture was a tad beat-up but not too bad. I saw someone complained about the bed being too hard, I found the bed to be pretty comfortable, I think it was a pillow-top, foam mattress, it was a little firm but I still slept well. The appliances in the room were older but worked well, loved having a dishwasher that was a BIG plus. You can go to the Meijer grocery store across the street and get groceries and cook them in your room if you wish. Also the hotel will do the grocery shopping for you if your not able too and charge it to your room, I didn't use this feature but I thought it was a nice touch.

I liked the central air conditioning the rooms have, most hotels have those window type ac units which are moldy and noisy so I thought the central air was awesome here, much more comfortable.

The hotel is in a great, safe location, tons of shopping and restaurants close, even have a Panera Bread just a couple feet away. The hotel parking lot was filled to near capacity every day so parking seemed somewhat limited but the spaces themselves also seemed maybe a little larger then the normal space too so you don't have to worry about door dings and such as much.

Wireless Internet worked well, at 1Mbps download speeds it wasn't the fastest but the connection was solid as a rock.

Front desk folks were friendly and professional, I liked they were always dressed for success, not wearing daisy dukes, flip flops and a tshirt like many other hotels I have been too front desk staff do...lol.

Couple minor things I didn't care for were that the sink is located outside the bathroom and the exhaust fan is loud and connected to the bathroom light ,so when someone gets up to go to the bathroom at night the other person gets woken up due to all the noise from the fan.

Other then that I thought the place was very solid and I would return if the price was right.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AlCzervik1
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone! The rooms are beautiful, fully equipped, and feel like home! The staff is amazing! My husband, son, and I have been staying here for 3 weeks, and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Although it is not our home, it has felt like a second home! The rates are extremely reasonable, and it is a safe environment. They had amenities such as a basketball court, pool, and grill area! The location is superb! It's in close proximity to shopping, dining, and groceries!
If we ever need a hotel in the Louisville area again, I can assure that Residence Inn Louisville NE will be where we stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor in a one room suite- and also a 2 room suite on the first floor.. we pre...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Crysta E

Dear Crysta E!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about your stay here! Most people use trip advisor to determine on a hotel before they book. Comments like your help travelers pick the Residence Inn Louisville NE while traveling to Louisville! I have shared your comments with my staff and we look forward to welcoming you back "home" soon!

Sincerely-

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here with a family of five and we fit comfortably in the room (two kids on sleeper sofa and one on a cot that the hotel provided). The entire property is clean and well maintained. Everyone is very friendly and accommodated our every request. Even the maintenance man was friendly and greeted us every time we walked past him! Pool area is very nice. Breakfast was great - eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fruit, etc. The area around the hotel is a large shopping center with a Target, restaurants, etc. but the hotel is off to the side and away from most of the busy traffic. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jason_Tinley_Park

Jason_Tinley_Park!

So glad you and your family were able to enjoy our amenities while you were here! Our rooms are 50% larger than the traditional hotel room so they are perfect for families traveling together!

We appreciate your great comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Louisville soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We only spent one night here. I wish it could have been more. The staff was exceptional. The suite was nice. The breakfast was wonderful. My grandkids enjoyed the pool. We all slept well. What more could we want?

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGMKY, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Joe!

Thank you so much for leaving us a great comment! I am glad your grandkids got to enjoy our indoor pool! (That's always my favorite thing to do at a hotel too!)

Come back often!!!

Leah Goebel- GM

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I just returned from staying a work week at the Residence Inn and I had high hopes that the week that started off great would stay that way but alas no such luck. The vast majority of the staff are very pleasant but one of the front desk managers who's name ryhmes with with penny ended the week terribly & I cannot recommend this hotel at all!!

I brought my dog with me & my wife and had no issues with their pet policy. On this past Thursday after my wife returned from walking our dog, the desk manager that I am referring to, rudely & in front of other guests announced that they had received a complaint that my dog was barking and they they have a no barking policy. The fact that they want dogs to not bark I can understand but this manager could have pulled my wife to the side and discussed this with her. The fact that this manager did it in front of other guests really upset my wife so much that she spent the afternoon crying.

I discused this issue with the general manager and she said she would discuss this with the manager in question. She must have as not only did this manager not say one word to us upon check-out but the manager trainee that she was training did not say one word. Having spent over $800 in accomodations the staff could have said at least thank-you for staying with Marriott or something but not to say one word to me shows lack of managerial skills of this staff person. The fact that she was training another person in handling customers is not good.

I cannot recommend this hotel and the next time I will be coming to Louisville, which will be for 3-4 weeks, I will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank JonEnriquez

Mr. Enriquez,

I apologize you feel this way about our hotel and staff. To make things clear, the young lady you and your wife dealt with was not a manager nor training another manager. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that you were disappointed.

The policy at our hotel is that if any guest is disrupted by another guests pets we are to make the guest with the pet aware that there were complaints against them. We had several complaints about your dog barking. I apologize if it was not handeled in a manner to your satisfaction. We want all of our guest to enjoy a relaxing stay.

Again, I apologize for your distress. If you ever want to discuss further, you are more than welcome to reach out to me.

Leah Goebel

Reviewed June 13, 2012

From the fellow who cleans the pool to the woman who keeps up with all the breakfast foods in the morning, every employee at this Residence Inn is friendly, attentive, and pleased to make your stay a wonderful experience. The Residence Inn is equally attractive to business people and families with children. The daily breakfast selections are varied and plentiful; we enjoyed two mid-week dinners twice during our stay: lasagne and pizza one night; burgers and hot dogs another. It is well run and an outstanding value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnGMKY, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Devorah33851 !

Thank you for your positive comments! I am so glad you got to enjoy both our free breakfast as well as our free social hour with dinner. Italian night is always my favorite! I have shared your comments to both Sofia in breakfast and Arash in Maintenance.

We hope to see you back soon!