“OMG...”

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Germantown
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The three crispy mac & cheese balls are so awesome. I wish we lived near this place but we are in Michigan. We found this on a whim during a long weekend. Its a typical old suburban home where you eat in the basement. The wait was about 45 minutes but worth it. We had the crab tacos and the pulled pork. Both were delicious. But ladies, if you are a mac & cheese girl like me, then you have to order the balls!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We've been a fan for years (see earlier rave review) but things have certainly dropped during our last two visits. Tonight we had a pulled pork sandwich that was literally dripping with grease and later caused indigestion. Both tonight and two weeks ago, the sweet potato fries were soggy and horrible. The Angus burger on the pretzel bun was so soggy with uncooked meat juices that these hard pretzel buns went down to nothing. The flavor for the beef was also very odd. Another person in our party had the beef brisket which was good, just a very small portion. Top it off with a restaurant filled with smoke -- we will not be coming back anytime soon. Our eyes our still burning! Sad, because it was one our list of favorites.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We are Louisville locals & had been hearing about this place for some time, so we finally decided to try it out. We had been told by friends to get there early - around 4:30, so we did. We were the second couple to get there. Around 4:45, the host came out and started taking names of who was there first. (Everyone was civil & honest; no cutting in line!) Right around 5pm when they opened, we were seated. We could have had a table, but my husband opted for the bar. But we were right in front of the music, which at times was a little loud. Cool atmosphere though. Know that you are going for the legendary food, and don't expect a fancy atmosphere. Literally like the basement of a house!

We ordered the fried mac & cheese balls as an appetizer and they were AMAZING. My favorite thing that I had. So good. My husband got the pulled pork sandwich which was really good, and I got the angus burger on a pretzel bun, which I felt was good - but not the best burger I'd had. We also got the french fries, fried in duck fat (at my friend's recommendation). Again, they were good - but I'm not sure the duck fat did that much for me. (I may prefer truffle oil.)

All in all, it was a good evening & I'm glad we finally got to experience this Louisville sensation! It was exciting, going for your first time and sitting outside the restaurant, waiting for it to open - wondering what it's going to be like and how good the food will be, etc. I like the anticipation factor. Makes it a little more exciting!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

It's in a basement in an out of the way corner of town, but is well worth looking for. It manages to blend a hipster vibe with the feel of a friendly neighborhood haunt. My group was two adults and two kids, and we found it to be quite enjoyable. Low ceilings mean that the place is very loud - probably a bit too loud for the youngsters. However, the service was excellent, both in terms of recommending great dishes for everyone and making sure that the kids were kept occupied and happy. I had a burger, which was fantastic. I'll try and pay it a visit again if I make it back to Louisville.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

This place is hard to find like others have said but worth it. The atmosphere is fun and different in the basement. Our waitress was great and gave us good recommendations as well as the previous reviews. We ate both kind of fries - Grippo and truffle oil. We loved the truffle oil. The ribs were dry and sweet - very tender. The sliders were good as well as the Mac and cheese balls. My husband had the hamburger and said it was a do-over - very good. Know that your clothes will have that smoky smell - they smoke all their meats right outside.