“One of the coolest places in Louisville”
Review of Hammerheads

Hammerheads
Ranked #8 of 1,771 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Germantown
Lynch, Kentucky
“One of the coolest places in Louisville”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Had heard about Hammerheads for years and finally went there with a friend from out of town. She was impressed and gave me lots of props for picking it. The smell of smoked meat inside is awesome -- makes your mouth water. Truffle oil fries -- Wow! Just be aware that the portion is large -- you definitely need only one order if two or even three people are sharing with an entree. I had the brisket sandwich, and it was juicy, smoky, and heavenly. My friend had the crispy shrimp and a salad, both excellent.

There's just one reason I didn't rate the place excellent -- getting seated is challenging. It isn't the wait, which I expected. I didn't understand how to even get your name in. We stood around for a while looking for someone to give our name to. Then a couple of guys told us they were leaving the bar, and we could have their seats. Great! Except a guy finally showed up and asked our name for the list. He said even the bar seats were set by the list. So we went outside and waited 30 minutes. When we were finally called to a table, I saw that the bar was half-empty. Not sure what's up with that.

• Visited July 2014

Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Decided to go to Hammerheads with a good friend after hearing so many great things about it. I was shocked when we first pulled up because of the size of the restaruant. But I quickly found out that this place is amazing. We did have to wait approximatley 30 minutes but were encouraged to grab a drink and sit outside. The food was amazing and the beer was great! I loved the atmosphere and will definitely be going back for more! I love this place and recommend the pulled pork!

Coupeville, Washington
“First Stop, Always”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Always our first restaurant stop. Best of everything. Be aware they shut down the first week in June. Call first.

Muldraugh, Kentucky
“Great little dive. Can't believe it took me so long to eat here.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I went out for a date recently and ate at Hammerheads. We had looked at this place online several months ago but just never made it in until tonight. I am an idiot for not coming here sooner. This place is amazing. The atmosphere is pretty typical of this part of town. It is a small building with an eclectic decor. I love the light smoky (bbq smoke) haze in the room that smells ridiculously good. It just adds to the decor. My wife ordered the chorizo burger. It was a good sized burger and she loved it. There are a selection of burgers (elk, venison, etc..) that you just won't find anywhere else. I can't wait to go back and try them. I ordered the pork belly tacos. Simply. Amazing. The portions were just right and the flavor of these things was amazing. The meat had a good smokey flavor and the sauce made for a flavor explosion in my mouth. We split an order of their garlic flavored french fries which were really great. I can't wait to go back here and eat again. We have already told some friends about this place and will continue to recommend Hammerheads.

• Visited July 2014
Cordova, TN
“Rude staff”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Wife and I went to Hammerheads on 6/21/14 at 9pm as we were looking for something "different" and not a chain. We called ahead about 8:30 and were told the wait time was about 30 minutes and close at 10pm. After driving almost 30 minutes to get there, parking on a side street in a questionable area, and going inside, we were basically ignored by the staff for almost 10 minutes after arriving. Then we are told sorry we are not seating any more customers... still 1 hour before closing time. No apology or explanation. Definitely not good business. Glad we went to Holy Grail afterwards and was met with true southern hospitality and a great dining experience start to finish.

2 Thank hondaguy69