“Unbelievable!!!”

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Germantown
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The restaurant looks as if it is in the basement of someone's house. However, the food and service were excellent! I ordered a half rack of ribs and my wife ordered chicken and waffles! They were hot, freshly cooked, seasoned perfectly, and excellent!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Neighborhood restaurant, literally. Parking is in front of neighbors' houses on the street in Germantown area of Louisville near downtown. Have wanted to go here forever, and purposely neglected telling my "full bar required" husband that it only does beer and wine. But he survived and was very happy with the ambience, artisan beer choice, and quality innovative food. Started with sharing the crispy Shrimp with Sweet Chili sauce and it was very good. I then had the smoked baby back pork ribs (the "smoke" is very distinct) which we preferred over the very good, but too-delicate texture and subtle flavor of the BQ lamb ones. The sides were quite memorable and delectable: garlic herb fries (4 star flavor, wanted more "to-go") and my leftovers of their awesome pork belly baked beans were promptly finished the next day at the earliest opportunity. Finishing with the bacon brownie made perfect sense, though ours seemed on the dry side and not righteously rich enough to deserve the hype I'd heard (have to assume I got a bad batch). The Elk and Wild Boar Chorizo burgers looked worthy for next time. Bartender personalities, indie music, inventive food, and vibe are way cool. Place is small and almost always packed, but def worth trying. Even bar seating is not "open seating" for diners- good to know for twosomes can often seat quicker. Large groups? Good luck. No reservations nor Call Ahead. I'd still come back for sure. Easy to forgive the lack of a full bar when so much else is so memorable. One word: Fun.

1  Thank mcstroz
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

From the outside and neighborhood we were worried. Eating in a "basement"? What a surprise. I thought we'd been beamed into another world when we tasted the food! The food was exquisite - five star!! And the service was superb. We left completely satisfied and humbled by judging the product by its appearance. Well worth the time and effort!

2  Thank D C C
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I must admit I was a little worried when we pulled up to this place. However, after hearing it would be a 30 minute wait for a table, I knew we had to stay. It was well worth it!
First, the beer selection is great - we all had something different, and they were all top-notch beers.
Once we were seated, we ordered some sliders and the truffle fries. The sliders were great, but the truffle fries were hands-down the best fries I have ever tasted.
For the main course we had a mix of burgers and tacos, and everything was exceptional.
I could not have been more pleased with the dining experience. Absolutely awesome food in a "divey" atmosphere - my kind of place!

1  Thank acb1971
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Best Angus burger I've ever eaten! The bacon brownie was a unique, delicious treat. A visit to Hammerheads will be on our agenda the next time we visit Louisville, KY.

1  Thank bmccoy2013