“Off the Chain”

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Germantown
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This place is the ultimate in dive restaurants, but the food is FRESH. I had the elk burger and a huge portion of fries. I went with the macaroni cheese balls for a "starter". This was WAY too much food but well worth it on my last night in Louisville. This is a must stop!

1  Thank barrett68

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Great food! Seemed like everything was house made. We ordered the Mac and cheese balls for a starter, and were not disappointed. Duck and pork belly were both excellent as well. Great beer selection and fast service.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a great find of a local place to eat. We asked at the hotel for a good place to eat and we were not disappointed. The place is quite small but that just adds to the experience. It's been months since we were there and my teenager still compares almost every place we eat at to this one.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

great ribs but def try the baked beans, they are amazing!!!!!! well worth the drive to visit this "smokey" basement gem.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Interesting hole in the wall in a residential neighborhood...man am I glad I stopped in any way to give it a go! Incredible meal in a friendly, unpretentious setting. Definitely far exceeded my expectations despite having read good reviews about this joint.

The bbq baby back ribs were superb. I also had the grit cake which was unique and delicious. Washed it all down with a couple of beers at the bar...perfect evening. Will make it a point to visit this place again if I go back to Louisville.