“A must see”

Ranked #11 of 171 things to do in Louisville
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“A must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This zoo is wonderful. It amazed me at how close you actually are to the animals. Our local zoo does not afford the opportunity to get anywhere near as close to the animals as this zoo does. It took us about 2 hours to go through leisurely. We went during the "twilight" time but had plenty of time to see everything and at a better price. My children thoroughly enjoyed the trip.

Visited June 2014

franklin,ky
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“love the zoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

we had such a great time all the workers we met were great the zoo was so clean plenty of signs showing us where the animals were my husband got a motorize chair and there was plenty of room for him to get around see everything had a great family day

Visited July 2014
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fun for all ages”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My family loves the Louisville Zoo. There are plenty of animals to see and lots of extra things to do. We have a membership and try and go once a week. My kids love the waterpark and the huge playground. If your visiting Louisville this is a great place to visit.

Visited June 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Nice zoo with fun extras!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have always enjoyed the Louisville Zoo. Over the years, i think the expansion of exhibits they have made are very high quality. I also like that the zoo does special events such as the trick-or-treating, summer movie nights, etc. All at a great price. I don't like that they started charging for parking, however. I think it's unnecessary given the location and accessibility of parking.

Visited July 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Louisville Attraction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We have a zoo membership that is well worth the cost if a family of four plans to visit more than three times in a year. Parking is free for members, $5 for for non-members. In addition to lots of animals, there are also many other attractions/conveniences such as: a very nice splash park (bring a towel, sunscreen and swim diapers if your little one needs them), train rides ($3.50/person), tram rides and carousel ($2/person--free for an adult if you are assisting a small child)
They have many snack areas, two playgrounds with areas for toddlers as well as bigger kids and a petting zoo with goats and donkeys.
There is a gift shop, face painting and a place to rent strollers if needed.

1 Thank Trisha D

Been to Louisville Zoo? Share your experiences!