“Friendly and helpful.”
Review of Louisville Zoo

Louisville Zoo
Ranked #14 of 183 things to do in Louisville
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I love Zoos. I've been to many in the USA. The staff here goes way beyond Southern Hospitality. They engage you with their passion of being in a place that truly loves the animals they care for. This place has the best staff that truly loves these animals! A model for other Zoos.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My family and I enjoyed our day at the zoo this past weekend...Memorial Day weekend that is. Very clean zoo and very nice picnic area. The zoo grounds are easy to navigate and even a great place to take elderly folks as well as the young ones. Something I witnessed was a son who had taken his father out for the day away from a nursing home to push him around the zoo....which I thought was just awesome! Great day! Great place! Excellent grounds! The animals were all out as well.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a great time at this zoo! I hadn't been to this zoo in quite a long time and it was well worth it in my opinion. We are from a smaller town and enjoy going to the zoo but don't often see a lot of animals at our zoo. At every exhibit in this zoo we were easily able to see and enjoy watching the animals. I have an older teenager and was worried that he wouldn't enjoy it but it was great to see how much he did. I haven't been to any of the bigger zoos since I was younger. This one was easy enough to get around and not as hilly as our local zoo, I bought tram bracelets but ended up not using them. The gorillas are incredible and I could sit and watch them all day. They had a fun little splash park for little ones also which was a great idea for them on such a hot day.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently moved to Louisville and visited the Zoo for the first time with my 8 yr old grandson. What I appreciated the most was that the displays were well layed out so that children can easily walk the zoo grounds. The zoo was amazingly clean and staff were friendly and helpful. The children's zoo was fun for children and the staff there were so helpful and informative.
We did get to ride the train and would recommend that activity for visitors. We rode it at the end of our visit, but would suggest riding it first so that you know where things are.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The Louisville Zoo is a little smaller than some zoos I've been to but it is my favorite. The splash park in the summer is so fun for kids. The Polar Bear, elephants and giraffes are my favorite to see. The train ride and carousel are reasonably priced. Food is a little pricy but there are plenty areas for a picnic. Four or five hours is about how long we usually spend when we come. Parking is $5 but if you have a pass it is free and you get 10% off food and the gift shop with a pass.

1  Thank Paytonx502