“Beautiful walking tour”

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Beautiful walking tour”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Impressive homes line the streets. Take a stroll and enjoy the architecture. Free parking on the street.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Misswestmore

• Polish first
Bangalore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great historical architecture”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Got a chance to visit Old Louisville with one of my friend. I was totally impressed by the architecture by my first sight. Explored old louisville during an evening walk and great enjoyed my visit. My entire visit would have been incomplete with out seeing Old Louisville.

Louisville, KY
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“History Preserved”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

No matter where I travel, I find the historic old neighborhoods and visit them. So, for like minded individuals who visit Louisville, the Old Louisville neighborhood is a must. The neighborhood Association is active sponsoring the St. James Art Fair, the Hidden Treasures Garden Tour, the Old Louisville Victorian Holiday Homes tour, and Old Louisville Ghost tours. Visit the Old Louisville center to get maps for self guided walking tours or just drive the area and take in the majestic old homes. Last visit to the area I saw a Wheelman group in period costume on antique bicycles. See Shakespeare in the Park. Enjoy the largest collection of Victorian homes in America right here in the River City.

2 Thank derbycitylady
Taipei
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Beautiful Victorian Buildings”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This area is famous for its well-kept Victorian buildings. Each of them is different, with its own exterior decor. One thing is for sure, the owner must be proud of his property. The gardens and meadows are taken good care of, the front stairways are clean and even polished. I was there in summer 2012. Instructed by my gracious innkeepers, I strolled 4th and 5th Street and dropped by Central Park. Besides the ancient and exquisite architectures to admire from outside, the streets are also appealing with trees and flowers and pot plants, thriving and lively. I would recommend the Magnolia, St. James Court. The sidewalks are clean and evenly-paved, a good neighborhood for strollers.

Baltimore, Maryland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Beautiful streets and parks”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We spent several hours roaming the neighborhood and the park around St. James Park - absolutely beautiful on a fall day with colorful leaves falling around us. The architecture was lovely and the other "strollers" we ran into were friendly.

Visited November 2013

Been to Old Louisville? Share your experiences!