“I Love Old Louisville”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I Love Old Louisville”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I lived in Old Louisville for a few years when I first moved to Louisville. I think this neighborhood should be cherished! It's wonderful to have such a large Victorian neighborhood on our city. I love the architecture, and the vibe of old Louisville. You do need to be a little careful if you're walking around at night, but this is a city so that is sound advice wherever you are. You must experience the St. James Art Show at least once in your life, and take in a Shakespeare play in Central Park. You can dress up, and have drinks at Bucks and dinner at 610 Magnolia, or if you're in the mood to just hang out grab some food at Ermines, take a walk and drop into Mag Bar for a stiff drink. Old Louisville is a place to cherish!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank ladyk1971

• Polish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great when there's an event, not safe at night”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The jury is still out (for me) regarding whether being so close to the University of Louisville campus gives old Louisville extra appeal or extra stress. Parking is strained, petty break-ins (cars) seem persistent, and the homeless seem to frequent the area. That being said, when there is an event there such as the St. James Art Fair, there's no place I'd rather be. The Granville Inn and "Mag Bar" are great local haunts, although I wouldn't be there alone after dark.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jill M
Louisville, Ky
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Filson Historical Society and Museum”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A little known place in Old Louisville. The Filson Historical Museum is located @ 1310 S. Third St. The museum is housed in the old Ferguson Mansion. There are artifacts and paintings as well as an extensive archive library. My friends and I visited on a girl's day and had a great time. There was a civil war exhibit being showcased in the carriage house in back of the mansion. I would highly recommend a visit to anyone who enjoys history, local ancestry, and art work.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank madlane2
Kentucky
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“walk through”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

my wife and i did a walk through this area and loves the old houses there. it is a great place to visit..

Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Historic architecture is beyond compare”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We asked for directions and found it easily.. We found one large b & b to consider for our next trip but there was no answer to the phone. Must go back when the grass is green.

Visited January 2013

Been to Old Louisville? Share your experiences!