“Drive around here, a great historic site of beautiful homes”
Review of Old Louisville

Old Louisville
Ranked #11 of 171 things to do in Louisville
Chicago
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Drive around here, a great historic site of beautiful homes”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Wish it wasn't 100+ degrees when we visited or we would have parked and walked around. A terrific offering of late 19th Century housing and so accessible. Visit, walk around, and imagine what the homes are like inside!

• Polish first
Louisville, Kentucky
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Love the area”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I love Old Louisville for the beautiful architecture, but be forewarned, it is a friendly but sometimes sketchy neighborhood. Don't go wandering at night!

2 Thank AS40208
Owensboro, Kentucky
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“St James Court Art Show is a must-see every October!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The first weekend of October is the annual St. James Court Art Show in Old Louisville. The vendors are spread out over several city blocks, and there's something for every taste and imagination. I've been the last two years, and I intend to make it an annual trek for the rest of my life!!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Vettesailor
Madison, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful place for a stroll”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The old homes were amazing! Streets were quiet with surprise fountains. We spent over an hour waiting for the museum tour to start just strolling the surrounding streets. Take the tour if you can. Very informative and interesting.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“I live here”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have stayed here during the work week for 6 months on 3rd street close to Central Park. The neighborhood is beautiful, my apartment is all I need. History rich and was never bothered. Of course there are some shady people around but you are going to get that pretty much anywhere. I would choose this area to live before any apartment complex.

2 Thank Rich T

Been to Old Louisville? Share your experiences!