“Nice lobby/lounge”

Ranked #16 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice lobby/lounge”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The best part of the stay was our shuttle driver, Art, who drove us around downtown wherever we needed to go! He was super friendly and polite. The Zucchini bread at breakfast was very good. So were the eggs with ham. The traffic at breakfast was very busy & confusing. Traffic jam at the waffles/bread/toaster/juice area b/c it wasn't laid out very well & there were no plates at that station so customers had to cross paths to get to egg station to get a plate. Plates should be at each station so customers aren't crossing paths back & forth to get a plate. Easy fix. And put the juice, milk, coffee & tea all in the same area. So customers are not crisis crossing back & forth in a small area. Easy fix. The lobby areas were nicely designed like a living room with several vignettes or rooms set up in 3 different areas. Beautifully done!

The worst part of the stay: The bartender changed the channel in the middle of a football game (Chick Fil A Bowl) my husband & his friend were watching. My husband had the remote. They had been watching the game in the lobby/lounge area & the bartender who just got to work, walked up to the tv & changed it manually without even asking his customers if they minded! NO explanation except, "My boss told me to change it." NO Other Customers were in the lobby/lounge. RUDE. Didn't ask my husband & friend if they would mind going to another lobby area tv? Nope! The manager should be told about this. You should Not treat customers this way if you want them to come back.
Also the beds were very firm.

1 Thank Jules B
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the actions of the bartender concerning the TV---I will address this immediately. I appreciate your suggestions regarding the breakfast layout and we will take them into consideration. I'm glad that Art, our van driver, provided memorable service---I'll be sure he sees your comments. Thanks again for your input and Happy New Year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We arrived at the hotel around 2am after a delayed flight. Check in went smoothly but after we walked into our room (very dated hotel building) we realized that there was no toliet paper in the room. I called the front desk and asked for some to be brought to the room and they said they "might" be able to bring some up in 15-20 minutes, no apology and actually suggested that this was a common problem as guests "steal toliet paper"... not sure which is more troubling here the fact that they are implying rooms are not serviced after guests check out or the fact that he thought I was dumb enough to believe this crazy comment... We stayed here around the holidays and given the UPS hub is nearby we heard planes on take off and approach all night - there seems to be insulation between the rooms but no sound proofing with the outside. Also the cable (actually Dish) continually went out and rebooted itself so while trying to watch a 2 hour movie the dish was not functional at least 45% of the time. The heating/AC system also sounded like a freight train was entering the room everytime it kicked on. To add insult to injury, the hotel double charged our credit card. I have stayed at many hampton inn properties and in the past always found them clean with friendly staff, this property needs a major upgrade and needs to retrain their staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Starthur-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. I am disappointed, as I know you must have been, by the problems you encountered. I deeply apologize for the service issues and will correct those immediately. Please contact me so that I can make sure that the billing issue is resolved, if it hasn't been already. I would also welcome the information regarding your room number so that I can correct the HVAC unit and TV reception problem.
If you are back in the area in the future, feel free to reach out to me directly. I would be happy to handle your reservation personally, to ensure you are provided with the exceptional stay you deserve. Thank you again for your feedback
Owensboro, United States
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I would rate the hotel average for the location. The television service was terrible. When you have no toilet paper in the room very sorry. The heating/ cooling system was very noisy. The problems was not resolved to our satisfaction

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your business and the feedback you provided. I'm disappointed that you felt your experience was only average. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry that we failed to achieve this in your visit. I do appreciate your comments as it gives us an opportunity to improve upon our quality and services.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We enjoyed three nights at the Hampton Inn in downtown Louisville. The rooms were nice and clean, the included hot breakfast was very good, and the staff were very helpful. The room did not have a small fridge, which would have been nice for a stay of 3+ nights.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad that our facility and service met your expectations. I appreciate your business and feedback. We hope to see you again on a future trip to our area.
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed here for a few days during the week of Thanksgiving.

The staff were all incredibly friendly and very accommodating, especially the shuttle driver. He drove us to several different locations throughout Louisville. Because the hotel was pretty empty, we never had a long wait for him to pick us up.

The hotel was very clean. Breakfast was always fully stocked with a wide variety of foods. The pool was warm enough. The only unusual thing was that there was no hot tub. There was adequate (free) parking.

At one point my room key stopped working, but a maintenance worker came and fixed it right away, and even explained what was wrong.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us. I'm glad that everything worked out well during your visit. I will share your feedback with our team. We know that you have many lodging options when you travel and appreciate you choosing to stay with us.
Ohio, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We called ahead to ask of all charges including taxes was given a amount. When we checked in they swiped our cards and did not tell us of the additional charges for incidentals which was not included when we called We found out when we checked our bank statements of the additional charges. We had to ask for a fridge and found out that it leaked the next day onto our floor.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for writing following your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the confusion surrounding incidental charges. You were not charged, but your credit card on file was authorized for a small amount to ensure funds were available in the case that you did charge something (food or beverages for instance) to your room. This is a standard procedure in the hotel industry. I'm sorry that the refrigerator that was delivered to your room malfunctioned. I understand that we replaced it with another once we were informed of the problem. I hope that if your travels take you back to our area in the future, you will choose to stay with us again.
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 14, 2013

and clean, bright hotel. Spent two nights - then an extra night because of snow. I was welcomed back with pleasure...and glad to see the friendly bar with a knowledgeable and interesting bar man. Recommendation for dinner was excellent. All in all a real asset to Louisville!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for the review you posted on Trip Advisor about your stay with us. I'm glad that it all worked out well for you, despite being stranded an extra day because of weather. We were pleased to have you as our guest and glad the staff made you feel at home. We hope to see you on a return trip to Louisville.